ı 05 ı 1600

PART FIVE: KATERINA

PART FIVE: KATERINA

I'VE HAD the past hundred years to think long and hard about my life, wondering what the hell I'm doing with it. I've taken Lexi's words into consideration, and imagined what it would be like to actually live my life instead of just watching it pass by. It's something however I've only imagined and not actually achieved.

Elijah and I haven't spoken in almost a hundred years, as frankly we don't have much in common anymore. The moonstone is gone, thus meaning our leverage against Klaus is gone too. Mikael has gone off the rails, hunting the Originals down meaning I don't think I'll be able to sit down with him over a beer ever again.

Along with Finn, Kol has now gone missing. I can either assume it was Klaus's doing with those silly daggers he has, or Mikael with his secrete lethal weapon. As much as I hate to say it, I hope it was Klaus, as the daggers are not capable of permeant death.

I've laid low for the most part during the past hundred years, even picked up a new hobby of cooking. With all the new cultures moving into the small villages and towns, I've learned some new recipes to help pass the time.

I tried blending in with a community, but I couldn't do it. I've been running for so long, I can't seem to be able to sit still anymore. The thought of settling down has flew right over my head, not even sounding the slightest bit interesting. The way I see it, I have forever; time is meaningless, so if I have forever, than what's the point of only staying in one spot?

I've travelled to places I know I would have never travelled to if I were human. I've seen all the worst this world has to offer, although I am still yet to meet the best. Everything I've achieved is possible because of my immortality of being a vampire which is Klaus's doing. Without him I wouldn't be here today, but then again, without him I would be able to live my life the way I want.

If I were human, I would have had a wife, a few kids. I would grow old and feel my bones start to ache and watch my hair turn grey. I would have grandchildren and watch my family name be passed down. I dream of that fantasy at least once a night, and each time I keep wishing it were real. The fact that it will never be possible fuels my veins with anger, giving me all the more reason to go after Klaus. That is the exact reason I will never be able to let this go, to put my anger behind me. That will only be possible when Klaus's heart is in my hand. I promised Lexi I would find us justice, and I refuse to break my promise.

I haven't seen Lexi in a few years. Last I heard she was somewhere in the east coast, healing people. With the rising population and new people immigrating from across seas, the amount of conflicts has risen. Towns are getting larger, turning into cities. More groups are settling down, claiming their land. It's human nature to want to protect land, and with all these colonies built, a new war has broken out. To my understanding it's nothing big, but people are still getting hurt. I highly respect my sister for going out and healing people. I admire that she's chosen to do something good with her abilities unlike me who has swallowed the worst of it.