ı 04 ı 1495

PART FOUR: THE ADDICTION

WHEN ROSE suggested I flip my humanity switch off, I had thought I would just keep it off for a month. I thought it would just be a simple way of passing time while continuing this quest of tormenting Klaus. I never thought I would enjoy having no feelings, no emotions, but the deep dark truth is that I never want to go back.

Everything is much better not having to worry about how I feel. All the guilt of being what I am is gone, and all the guilt of what I have become is gone. I simply enjoy being a vampire, embrace it with open arms. I can finally concentrate on tormenting Klaus, not because of anger, but rather because it's fun. With my humanity off, I am no longer angry at Klaus, but rather more motivated to get under his nerves, as it's quite pleasant to watch.

Elijah hasn't been all that happy, seeing as in the note I left him, I promised I would only be in this state for a month. Now it's been three years, and I have absolutely no intentions of turning it back on. I never anticipated how having no emotions would make me feel, and now thinking back to all the hassle and pain of emotions, I have absolutely no motivation to turn it back on.

Ever since that night when Klaus was right on our tail, Elijah and I have been extra cautious. For the past three years we've gone up and down the east coast, still holding the moonstone in our possession. It amazes me that it's been almost five hundred years, and still we have not run into Klaus. It puts a smirk on my face knowing how much Klaus must be annoyed. He had a doppelgänger in sight and the moonstone around the corner and both escaped his grasp, and there was nothing he could do about it.

If this curse is that important to him, and is the one thing he's striving to break, then there's no way in hell I'm going to let him have this moonstone.

In other news, Elijah and I have been all over the place, even across seas for a little while, speaking to witches around the world to ask their opinion of how they believe an original vampire could be killed. I'm surprised how much vampirism has spread, seeing as it feels like just yesterday I was turned, being the first offspring vampire. Now there are vampires around the world, and it all started with a family of five.

None of the witches proposed any believable solutions, so we found ourselves back to plan A. Elijah is not very fond of it, but in my humanity-less opinion, it's a ravishing idea. Mikael is still out there, hunting for his children to end the plaque they've casted around the world. If he plans to kill an original, he must have a weapon, and the only way to find out what it is to meet him face to face.

Elijah and I recently relocated to a small town on the south side of the coast, more than a hundred miles from Mystic Falls. Just last night, I destroyed a whole town next to this one, levelling the population to a total of zero. If a mass killing doesn't direct the attention of a vampire that kills vampires, than I don't know what will.

"James, what have you done!" Elijah bellows as he storms down the street, stopping at the bench I'm sitting at.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie, casually slinging my arms across the bench, watching all the citizens nearby. Secretly I'm just waiting for Mikael to show his bloody face.