Chapter 5 - replay

Who knew that kissing Natsu would result in a restart? You did.

Lucy scolded herself mentally whilst she endured the brain flattening hug from her auntie.

You idiot, you knew it would happen and you did it anyway - and for a second time at that.

When Mavis pulled away from the hug and gave Lucy the chance to grab her bags, the blonde continued her mental argument.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Lucy sat in her car, waving goodbye to Mavis and Zeref like routine.

Now you have to do this all over again...

The torture of reliving this whole day again caused Lucy's stomach to churn; everything exactly the same, over and over. But then again, maybe... she could have a little fun.

She found her frown had turned upside down as the car rolled down the roads. She could do things she's always wanted to... and maybe figure out some things about the time loop that she was trapped in. Was she the only one? What would happen if she told someone?

...

When Lucy's had 'met' Mira for the third time in what felt like 24 hours, she found herself taking the tour, meeting an angry levy in the library and was now in the elevator to her dorm room with, of course, the apartment key in her hand.

Thoughts flew through Lucy's mind as she though about the possible routes she could take... maybe she could spy on Gray and Juvia (because she always knew something was going on between them), or perhaps sneak into Makarov office and change all her grades to A's.

Hmm..

She'd always wanted to know what it felt like to jump off a building, or something really high.

The cogs in her slowly brain turned as she thought deeper and deeper.

What would happen if she were to die or be killed? Would it restart? Is that the only way out...?

The ding-ing of the elevator that told her she'd reached her floor, stole her from her increasingly worrying thoughts that were spinning uncontrollably through her mind. She raised her eyebrows at herself, worried by her own head. It won't come to that.

Once again looking down at the key in her hand, she trailed down the coridoor that seemed to grow longer and longer eveytime she was in it. She reached the door of her dorm room, slotted the key in and braced herself for the outburst of Natsu - like usual.

Just then, the door jerked open and the key fell from her hand as a hard body bumped against hers.

"O-oh my God, sorry!"

Called it. She told herself.

Eventually the two had got over their awkward encounter. Natsu had settled in with Lucy and was becoming less nervous around her -  thank God. As Lucy sunk into their never-wearing sofa (thanks to the time loop), she thought about what her next move should be.

So far, she has tried changing her way around things, first by avoiding the usual tour with Mira and heading to the dorm first, but that simply resulting in everything turning out the same anyway. She thought hard. Right now, she was in the normal time line - where she has done everything exactly how she was supposed to. Maybe first, she should learn more about this 'loop' by seeing what triggers it.

Her brows furrowed hard as she thought, and Natsu, who had been sat on the sofa opposite had taken notice.

"H-hey are you okay?"

His stuttering voice caused Lucy's eyes to revert upwards and lock with his, a faint smile across his face; his nerves easing.

"I-uhh..." She paused as an idea struck her mind.

She sat up straight, leaning toward Natsu with her elbows on her knees.

"Actually no," her words caused shock to spur across the young boys face; the unexpected answer proving to spark his attention. "There's something I should tell you... about us."

-♡-
Sorry about the very short chapter!
I've decided to publish this one in two parts, so part 5.5 will be up soon!
Any suggestions on what Lucy could do when taking advantage of the time loop? Leave a comment.

Hope y'all are enjoying this book while I'm still figuring out the sorry line !