Chapter 7 - hope

The girl wiped the tears from her eyes at the sight of the floating piece of paper falling ahead of her. The bluryness leaving her vision just in time for the little square of paper to hit the ground infront. She picked it up and flipped it over.

The gleaming sheen of the paper Polaroid picture flickered as the girls fingers pressed tightly together - creasing the image ever so slightly. She stared at it in shock. Her thumb turned white at the pressure of her squeezing.

"Oh my god..." a quiet whisper escaped her lips, face still ridden with streaks of wet tears. Oh my god!" She jumped up, a smile erupting across her face as she pumped her hand into the air.

"This is it! This is my ticket out!"

She examined the photograph. A photograph of her and Natsu - the day they went the the waterpark - the day he asked her to be his girlfriend - one of the best days of her life. But how the hell did it get here? (A/N: Like the image at the top) She looked up to where it fell from, but the only thing around her was her wardrobe and it didnt fall from there... either way, how the hell did it get here if technically her and that Natsu didn't even exist...

"Im actually not crazy." She mumbled to herself, eyes boring at the image like it would disappear if it left her sight. "It was real. My life was real."

She flopped backwards onto her made bed, though really, it had no bedding on as she'd technically just moved in. She held the polaroid above her head, smiling.

If she could find a way to persuade Natsu of what happened using this picture, maybe this could work out afterall. She sat back up, legs falling down the edge of the bed as she opened the drawer of her bedside table and slid the image in.

This may be her only chance.

-

Today was the first day Lucy had actually lived out since the loops started. She'd never gone further than a day, never even slept a night. That reminded her, as a yawn found itself in her throat, she hadnt slept in god knows how long.

After finding the photo, she left her bedroom, trying to act her most normal toward Natsu, but she was nearly certain he heard her have her little breakdown. He avoided eye contact with her, and she did the same. She didnt want to make things awkward on their first day knowing eachother - and talking to him with pink, swollen and puffy eyes certainly wouldn't help ease the friendship. So she got on with her evening, offering him a quick goodnight as she took refuge in her room.

"Oh, g-goodnight Lucy." He replied, sending a quick smile her way before relocating them back on the tv. He was watching her favourite movie, the maze runner - they'd watched it together once, in her room back at Mavis and Zeref's house. That was a great night, she sighed.

Just as her hand touched the doors knob, his stuttering voiced caused her to holt her actions.

"D-do you maybe wanna watch the rest of this movie with me?" He asked, she could see a light pink dusting his tanned cheeks but she pulled her eyes away and focused on the floor.

If she was honest, she wanted to run up and jump to the space beside Natsu as they cuddled and watch the rest of the movie, but she was simply way to exhausted and needed it clear her head.

She locked her puffy eyes with his as a tired smile danced across her lips.

"Thanks Natsu, I'd really love to but I'm really tired from moving in today. Its been a long day." He nodded at her response, his smile faltering just the slightest before brightening into his signature grin - oh how she's missed that heart crushing grin.