Chapter 12 - mistakes

"Gaahahaha!" The boy lent over in the seat of the car clutching his stomach. "Wait a minute!" He panted, trying to catch his breath. "So, you're saying..."
He started laughing again.

"Gray isn't an obsessive stalker! And he wore no clothes!?" He hacked, the grin on his face caused Lucy to smile for a second, before the frustration brewed inside her again.

"Natsu I'm being serious here!" Lucy strived, looking at him with stern eyes. "Look at this picture! How would it exist otherwise?"

He stopped his laughing, most likely grasping the fact Lucy wasn't laughing too. She really was serious.

"So what exactly are you saying happened here? How did everything change and why does no one remember but you?" Natsu said, straightening up in his seat as he stayed turned in her direction.

"Well it all happened when I was graduating. We were graduating." Lucy explained. Cars continued to pass by the road next to them as the car stood standstill to the side. "And I guess I fainted, and when I woke up I was back at my first day of University."

The blonde went on to explain the events of her story up to this point. How she'd restarted many times and everytime she tried to 'break' the cycle it would happen all over again. Natsu nodded as he listened, assuring Lucy he was taking everything in with the passing comment every now and again- his eyes flicked back of forth, from her to the road beside them.

"And that's how I came to today, when I decided to finally show you the photo." Her face dropped a little, a glimmer of sadness in her eyes and her voice quiet. "I thought it would spark your memory, maybe everything would go back to normal but that was stupid of me to think. I know that now."

Natsu sighed. It hurt him seeing her like this. I mean, man he only just met her but he already felt so connected with her, and he cared for her. Her sadness made him sad.

"Hey, cheer up." His teeth gleaming as his eyes closed into a grin. "We're gonna figure this out. Maybe this picture is just the start. There could be other loop holes, other pictures, memories. I just want you to know I believe you Luce."

The girl looked up, previously staring at her legs as her hand fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. Her eyes met his and she couldn't help but smile. He always knew what to say. Even if he isn't really here right now, at least I can find comfort in feeling like he is....

The boy took the photograph again, raising it to his face to study it closely. It really was the two of them, no doubt about it. His hand reached over to hers and be gave a gentle squeeze.

All of a sudden the boys face lit up, eyes widening as he looked to Lucy. She sat up looking at his intently. Was he remembering?

"I have an idea! This was taken at the water park right?" She nodded but her heart dropped a little. Guess he wasn't. "Lets go there! Maybe it will reboot my memories or something. We can try and recreate the day and see what happens!"

Lucy nodded again. She was doubtful but there was nothing better to do then try. They would have to arrange it with the rest of the group and find a time where everyone could do it.

Natsu's hands repositioned themselves on his wheel and brought the car to a start.

"So," he started, pulling the car out into the road to head home.

"Tell me about your Natsu. I wanna know what he's like.

Bet hes a total dweeb."

-♡-
Boom

It short but its an update I guess

How are you guys finding the story? Let me know!