Chapter 14 - it went a little like this

"WAKEY WAKEY!"

Natsu shot up in his bed at the sudden noise, only to collide with a swinging pillow mid air. Lucy pulled the pillow back with a gasping laugh and she hunched over to grab her stomach.

"Oh - Oh my. I didnt - hahaha!" She laughed, Natsu sitting upright rubbing his face with a frown. "I didnt think you'd sit up as I was about to hit you with a pillo- hahaa!"

The boy had just woken up; sadly his chances of a nice, slow and relaxing morning to start the day were out the window. He smiled at the blonde who was still laughing ahead of him, sat on the edge of his bed with the culprit pillow clutched to her chest. His face softened as he looked at her. She was so cute.

They'd become closer ever since Lucy had told him what was going on - much to her surprise he didn't draw away with the idea of her being completley crazy. She appreciated that. Guess this Natsu is just as kindhearted as the one she remembers.

Eventually the blondes laughter fizzled to a stop and she turned to look at the bare chest boy in bed, blanket pulled halfway up his stomach. She couldn't help but blush when she met eyes staring right back at her own, heart racing. It only sunk in further how much she missed Natsu.

His eyes quickly darted away from hers when their line of sight connected and he flustered around as he got out of bed, threw on a t-shirt and fluffed his hair. He can't let her catch him staring at her like that! She knows me but I don't know her!... He reminded himself.

He gave a her a nervous smile before placing his hand on her head and ruffling her hair, walking toward the rooms door.

"We've got a big day ahead of us Luce-uh Lucy." He stuttered.

Her face snapped towards him at the name he nearly called her. She saw a wide eyed look on his face but she payed no attention.

"Its alright, you can call me Luce. I like it." The blonde reassured him, smiling at the boy who's bones seemed to relax at the words. "Just not Luigi..." she mumbled under he breath causing Natsu to let out a quick laugh.

Lucy only looked over her shoulder as she left he room, Natsu stood at the other end of the bed with his hands against his mouth like he had said something he shouldn't. She shrugged and headed for her room.

"Better get packing Natsu!"

-

"Are we there yet?" Levy sighed, her chin resting in the palm of her hand that leaned against the car window.

The drive hadn't been too long; Natsu's radio murmuring out tunes quietly as the car bumped along the road. The sun was out too, which no doubt did it's work in lifting Lucy's mood as it casted shadows across her face. She was comfortable in the passenger seat, feet stretched out ahead of her as she closed her eyes to bask in the heat. Levy was in the back, mumbling about the ride being too long. The seat next to her, empty.

"Not long now, maybe like 10 minutes." Natsu replied, eyes on the road and a concentrated look on his face. "Hey Luce, put on a song, something good." He spoke, handing an aux chord her way and glancing at her briefly.

The blonde took the lead from him; she couldn't help feel her heart flutter at the feeling of his hand brushing against hers as she did - a rush of heat dancing across her skin.

She shook her head.

Right. A song.

Only one came to mind, when she thought back to the day her and Natsu originally went to the waterpark and she laughed to herself. She was so different now, but a little nostalgia never hurt anyone.

"Champagne cocaine gasoline and most things in between..." the music began to blare and Lucy bobbed her hair unconsciously.
She looked to Natsu, there was an expression on his face that she couldn't quite work out. Did he not like the song? Her old Natsu definitley did... His lip was tugged between his teeth as if to be holding back a grin, his eyes still focused on the road.

The pinkette glanced to Lucy to see her already looking his way and he smiled.

"Nice song."

And her heart lept a little.

-♡-

Ooooops I may have lied when I said this chapter would be better lololol

I'm sorry! I decided to split chapters into smaller ones so i can update more regularly for you guys!

Hope y'all enjoyed it!
-sleepingwithkirito☆