Chapter 1. The Beginning.

//Okay this is going to be kind of a slower start bc I have to get the main plot started so there's no Heath in it yet but i've never written before and it's my first chapter it'll pick up soon i promise!!//

Ever since I was a little kid, I dreamed of moving far away to get a fresh start. Growing up in a small town where everyone knows me was good for a while, but the problem is that the everything became just too... Comfortable. Nauseating. So the day I turned 19, I took my old bus and drove across the country, leaving my old life behind to start a new one. Even though the thought itself of changing my life completely, and not living 2,000 miles away from home nearly scares me to death, facing my fear is far more exciting than terrifying to me.

My alarm clock went off at 4 AM, rudely interrupting my peaceful sleep, forcing me to start the day. For a moment I just laid there, letting my alarm buzz I contemplated whether not getting up today and leaving my makeshift bed is really worth it. On an average day I would've decided it wasn't and happily gone back to my peaceful sleep. But today was a day I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I had to keep that thought in my head for good five minutes as my motivation before I could bring myself to physically get up.
for the past three days I've been driving my old bus to the other side of the country, to move in with my older brother Scotty and hid three other roommates to start my new life. Growing up, Scotty and I've always been close and when he moved out to California and began telling me all insane stories him and his friends have done, I impulsively decided to move in with him too, for a fresh start. Reluctantly sitting up from the makeshift bed I made my way to the front seat, rubbing my swollen eyes I started on the road again.
6 hours later, my phone told me the only thing I had wanted to hear since I had started driving on Wednesday, "You will be arriving at your destination on the left!" I sighed in relief, pulling into the driveway with two other cars. Feel excitement in my stomach, I stepped out of the truck, hauling three suitcases full of all of my remaining belongings. I walked up to the front door, fidgety and nervous I rang the doorbell.

It didn't take long until I can hear quiet shuffling on the other side, followed by a tall man with messy dark hair and a matching beard opening the door with a sleepy smile. He looked down, as if he knew exactly who I was and, although by its current state wrapped up in a blanket wearing flannel pajama bottoms, told me otherwise.

"Hey you must be Madison, Scotty's sister right?" He smiled, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah I am, sorry if I woke you up, I don't have a set of keys yet if I did I would've just let myself in..." I smiled back, starting to ramble on.

"No worries," he open the door wider so I could step in. I took the invitation, hauling my suitcase along with me as I stepped into the living room of the house. The house is rather simple, with wood floors, higher ceilings, plain white walls and two big leather couches pointed strategically at the large flatscreen. It was simple but a nice comfortable space.

"i'm Zane, Scotty's roommate. He went to the store real quick with our other roommate Todd, they should be back soon. I can show you your room if you want? So you can set all of your stuff down." He seemed so friendly, especially for being woken up by a stranger at his door, which made me feel so much relief.

"Yeah actually, that be great. I should probably start  unpacking soon." He showed me into another section of the house, separated by a small walkway showing a big pool in the backyard. It was another smaller house, with another kitchen and living room. Walking into what I would assume would be my room, I smiled just seeing a bed reawakened my exhaustion. The room looked like it had not been touched yet; almost empty with one desk in the corner.

"Scotty thought that you'd like to have your place separate from the rest of ours, although Heaths room is in here too, he probably won't be in the way too much, he sleeps most of the time anyways, and you can always walk over if you need anything or just want to hang out." Zane explained, helping you carry your bags. 

///After hours of unpacking///

I laid down on my unmade bed, it was only about 2 in the afternoon but I've been so tired from driving, and attempting to unpack, that if I don't lay down in the next 20 seconds i'll probably break down in tears. Closing my eyes, I smiled, thinking about the new things yet to come, happy that I have a fresh start.