Chapter 2. First Impressions.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, dimly lit by the light blue sky that got darker by the minute. Right. I'm in my room. In California. I live here now. Groggily rolling over, I sat up and threw around the covers of my unmade bed, searching for my phone. Finding it, I clicked it on and checked the time. The black screen illuminated showing the time 9:43 PM. Okay so I unpacked for 4 hours, and slept for a good 6. Great. Reluctantly standing up, I looked down at my uncomfortable clothes and realized I should probably change if I'm going to be inevitability going back to bed in a few hours anyways.

Looking through my suitcase, I grabbed the first comfortable thing I could find, Adidas sweatpants and a grey hoodie. Throwing those on and letting down my hair I looked in the mirror. 'I look like a mess.' I thought to myself. An actual mess. Not like when those girls on tumblr put on sweatpants and put their hair into a cute messy bun and still look cute as hell, more like an actual 13 year old boy. Hopefully there won't be too many people at the house right now.

I slowly creaked open the door to my bedroom, looking out to see if anyone was in this part of the house. Nope, completely empty. Alright. I slowly walked out, trying to stay silent, even though there was no one to disrupt. I felt like I was intruding, in someone else's house where I shouldn't be. Shaking that thought out of my mind,   I stepped out into the warm night air, and walked towards the main house to see Scotty and maybe meet my new roommates.

"MADISON" Scotty yelled pulling me in a tight embrace. "How have you been? I'm so happy you're here!! I feel like I haven't seen you in years."I grinned, he was always so enthusiastic. Chuckling, I pulled away.

"I've been good. I slept most of the day and drove here for the rest of it. The weather is so nice here??" I couldn't stop smiling. Seeing Scotty made everything here seem so much more familiar, having him here was comforting. He grinned back, equally giddy.

Turning back to the couch he previously jumped from to greet me, he looked over to 3 other guys. "You met Zane right?" I silently nodded, shooting Zane a smile. I look over at the two other guys waiting to be introduced. Damn. Scotty has some good looking friends. One was shirtless with washboard abs, dark hair, and strong jawline. He looked about the same age as me and damn. This guy looked like he could be a model, he most likely is. The other one was equally attractive, but in an entirely different way. He had messy brown hair, matching his beard, puppy dog brown
eyes, looking at me with an adorable smile on his face, showing his dimples. Seeing both of them made me immediately regret my outfit choice. Oh well, they're going to eventually find out I look like a mess half the time anyways.

"This is Toddy, and that's Heath, they're you're new roommates." They both continued to look at me smiling.

"Hi, I'm Madison." I stood there awkwardly giving a small wave, not really knowing what to do. Why am I so incapable of talking to people?

"Don't be shy baby come sit down and watch some jersey shore." Zane (thankfully) broke the silence with that ridiculous voice he seems to have a habit of talking in, forcing me to crack a smile and sit down next to him.

//

After a solid 4 hours of Jersey Shore, beer, and popcorn with the guys, I could barely keep my eyes open, so I decided this was a good time to pass out. "Alright I'm gonna go to bed guys, it was really nice meeting you all. Goodnight!" I waved at the boys, thanking Scotty again for letting me stay here.
"Hey I'll come with you, I should probably go to bed at some point too." Heath said standing up. I smiled, definitely not minding getting to talk to Heath.
We walked outside in a comfortable silence, I looked up into the barely visible stars in the dark sky. "So how long have you and Scotty been living together?" I asked him in attempt to make conversation.
"About a year and a half, we moved in together almost right after we met, He's great, I love living with the guys." He pulled out a pack of cigs, taking one out for himself then offering me one. I don't really smoke that often, but i'm not going to take down an offer from him. "Why did you decide that you wanted to move to California?" Heath asked while tossing me a lighter.
"I wanted a change of scenery. Everything in Ohio started to become too..routine. So I thought I'd change it up a bit." I told him, trying as hard as possible not to trip over my words or sound like an idiot like I tend to do while talking to almost everyone. Although, Heath was relatively easy to talk to.

He smiled at that, "Well, there's nothing routine about it here. So you'll you won't have to worry about that."

Once we got inside and said our good nights, immediately plopped down into bed, snuggling into my blankets, thinking about my new life.

///

AHH I'm really going to try to improve my writing it'll get better I promise i'm so new to this but i'm trying!!!💕

///