Reader x Neville

Your family grew up very close to the Longbottoms. You were not yet born when Neville's parents were tortured by the death eaters, but your parents had been close friends of Alice and Frank when they were Hogwarts students. You and Neville were best friends for the longest time, and you did everything together. You said goodbye to Neville his first year, and you didn't know how you would last without your best friend. You wrote to him every single day. The next year, you rode the Hogwarts express together, and you talked slightly over-confidently about what house you would be in. 

"I'm so excited! Although my parents were in Gryffindor, I think I'm going to be in Ravenclaw or Slytherin," you said in a Hermione-like tone. "Don't get to confident, y/n, you don't always get placed into the house you want. I asked for Hufflepuff, but look where I am now," Neville said, pointing to the Gryffindor scarf on the seat next to him. You scoffed, trying not to let him hear. "Hufflepuff? Neville, you would never be a Hufflepuff. You're too brave for that," you told him. He blushed and said, "Thanks. I think." You both laughed and talked together for the rest of the train ride. 

You were sorted into Slytherin, and you saw Neville gasp up at you. He gave you a thumbs up, and you ran over to the Slytherin table. 

You probably spent more time in the Gryffindor common room than the Slytherin common room, and older students had to put restrictions on the times you were allowed in their common room. You became very close friends with Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley, although Ginny was slightly distant your first year. You helped Hermione solve the mystery of the basilisk and you helped save Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets. Neville was so relieved when you made it out of the chamber safely.

You managed to make it safely through your next two years at Hogwarts, and you were very excited for your fourth year at Hogwarts. You, along with almost all of the students and staff at Hogwarts, despised Umbridge. She never taught you anything, but you never paid any attention in her class anyway. 

Over the past few years, you started to develop feelings for Neville, but you would never let anyone know. Neville invited you to Hogsmeade, and you could barely contain your excitement. He led you to the Hogs Head, and you were slightly confused because no one ever went there. When you walked inside, you saw a huge group of students standing around, and they all stared at you. You noticed something weird, but before you could even think about it, a Hufflepuff boy said it himself. 

"She's a Slytherin! What's she doing here?" You rolled your eyes. You were used to people being like this. You recognized the boy as Zacharias Smith. A few other students looked confused as well. Neville was the first one to stand up for you. "Leave her alone, Smith. She's with me. She wouldn't betray us." Zacharias walked up to Neville, and said, "Oh, yeah, Longbottom? In case you didn't notice, she is wearing a green scarf. She probably loves the old toad." Neville was about to say something, but you stepped in front of him. "I have a better chance of being loyal to whatever is about to go on in here than you ever would. You don't want to cross paths with me. You're right, I am a Slytherin, but that just proves that I am cunning and ambitious enough to find a way to make sure you never open your fat mouth again, and I can make myself look innocent." Everyone was silent. You walked over to the other side of the room and sat next to Neville.

"Let's get this meeting started," Harry said, breaking the silence.

You began to notice Neville's magical improvement almost immediately after the D.A. meetings started. Many meetings later, you learned how to conjure a patronus. You were one of the first people to conjure a patronus, and it ended up being a wolf. Neville, still struggling with his, looked at it in awe. "Wow, y/n, that's amazing." You blushed. "Thanks, Neville." "What are you thinking of?" Neville asked. Your concentration broke, and the patronus faded. You turned to face him. "I was thinking of all the memories we've had together," you said confidently. Neville smiled the biggest smile you've ever seen. "Hey, y/n," Neville asked, "can I kiss you?" You smiled, and didn't answer him, because you were too busy kissing him first. You knew that together, you would make many more happy memories.