Weeks Later

Weeks after the treatment was over, my hair began to grow back. I was supposed to go to school whilst I still had hair that in my mind looked like a boys hair cut.

I got up and got ready for school. I sat down with my mother and told her how embarrassed I was of my hair. She gave me a hat that she wore to her first ever concert. Def Leppard. At this point in my life I love classic rock, 80's music, and Avril Lavigne basically. We had a laugh about how there was a tag on the hat I had found. I found a price tag and she didn't know it was still there. We laughed about how she wore this to her first concert and it still had a tag on it, even after all these years.

     We sat around for a few minutes waiting until it was time to go. She was driving me to school today so we left a little later than usual. When she finally looked to me setting on her bed and asked if I was ready to go, I started balling my eyes out.

      She asked if I was ready to go to school. I started crying at the thought of it. I explained the best I could whilst crying that, if I went to school I would be made fun of for having a boys hair cut.

     I remember her looking at me and saying the exact words, "go to bed, go back to sleep, we're going to mountain Comp at eleven.". From there on until second grade I seen a therapist.