Chapter 1: Someone Wants Me?

~~~Mike~~~

Dear Journal, 

Another birthday...another day in my lonely life. For me life isn't me living but, me only existing in a universe of harsh truth. The baby that got abandoned before the death of his family...before his family killed themselves. That's right last night  I found out the truth...my parents died and left me all alone.

So alone...so unwanted by anyone. Yet again no one talked to me except the woman who runs this place. Mrs. Celina, she is the only one who has really talked to me besides the one or two families who consider me a year. 

Happy fucking birthday Mike, I wish I would be adopted.

I finished writing in my journal and slammed it closed before putting it in my laptop. I just laid down on my bed with tears in my eyes as I felt the ground shake and everyone scream until it stopped suddenly.

I shot up and looked out the window to see nothing. It was odd but a nice change of pace in my usual morning routine of crying myself back to sleep after writing in my journal. I just shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my iPod and put my earbuds in as I laid back down and closed my eyes.

I was relaxed and listening to my favorite song: Sweet Sacrifice 

I just relaxed and let the smooth vocals relax me as the nice beat kept me awake. I was singing along with her not caring if anyone was listening because I thought I could sing decently. I stopped when Mrs. Celina walked into the room and I looked down taking my earbuds out thinking I was going to be yelled at. 

"I'm sorry" I said quietly looking at the floor.

"Oh hush now child, everyone loves your voice" she said calmly.

I looked up to see her smiling at me, "Happy birthday Mike" she said as she hugged me.

"Thank you" I said.

"Now come on I have a new family that wants to see you...They are not what you are used to" she said rubbing the back of her neck and looking at the floor.

"They can't be that bad...unless if they want me" I said with sadness in my voice.

"Come on you are a good kid, you just haven't met the right family yet and I think they are" she said kneeling down in front of me and taking my hands in hers.

"Thanks" I said hugging her.

"Now come on you old fart" she said tugging on me and dragging me out of the room.

"I'm not old and besides you are older" I squeaked.

"True but you act like you are a 90 year old man" she said leading me to the front door.

I turned and looked at her, "Why aren't we going into the adoption rooms to meet these people?" I asked.

"They sort of can't fit in there...Have fun" she said pushing me out of the front door with her following.

I saw normal sized humans looking down at me. I saw two adults and a teenager. The two adults where smiling as the teen was on his phone. I never saw humans before and they scared the hell out of me.

"Hi" the woman boomed making me flinch.

"What's your name" the man said squatting down making me back up against the door shaking.

"Stop it Jim you are scaring him" the woman said.

That was when the teen looked at me and put his phone away. 

"Pl...please Mrs. Celina let me go back in" I choked out.

"They won't hurt you Mike, this is the family that wanted to see you" she said gently.

"When I wished to be adopted I didn't mean by people who could kill me just from flicking me" I cried before throwing up and passing out.

 I woke up on something warm and soft. I opened my eyes to see the teen's dark brown eyes looking at me. I sat up and started to slide back until I hit one of his fingers and started to shake.

"Don't hurt me" I sobbed covering my eyes to expect the worse to come.

"My name is Jordan and I wont hurt you...on purpose at least" he chuckled. My face drained all color when he said the last part and me must of saw it.

"Sorry wrong time to joke around" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm sor...sorry too...too. I never seen a normal sized human in my life" I said scared.

"I've never seen a borrower sized human either so we both are new to this" he said.

I closed my eyes for a moment before I heard the woman human speak, "Oh your awake" she said gently making me jump and shake.

"Yea..yes ma'am" I said looking at her,

"Oh please don't call me that, my name is Linda" she said with a smile. 

"You are on Jordan and this is Mark my husband" she said putting her arm around his neck.

"Sorry I scared you" he said sadly.

"It's OK, si...sir I just have never seen a normal sized human a day in my life" I said.

"Call me Mark unless if you want us to adopt you than call me dad" he said smiling. 

Mrs. Hamilton bent down and picked Mrs. Celina up and put her next to me.

"See they aren't that scary are they?" she said hugging me. 

"I guess not" I said.

I heard loud mumbling above us and looked up to see all three of them talking. Mrs. Hamilton looked down and smiled, "We want to adopt him" she said looking at me kindly.

"What? Why do you want me?...Why does someone want me?" I asked looking up.

"You seem nice and you look like you get along with Jordan" Mr. Hamilton said.

"I can't believe that someone wants me" I said getting a chuckle from Jordan.

"Why so hard on yourself?" he asked.

"Mrs. Celina is the only one who talked to me for the last 16 years I lived here" I said not looking up.

"Really?" Mrs. Hamilton said in shock.

I just nodded before I heard Mrs. Celina say, "I need you to sign this paper and you can take Mike here home with you" she said with happiness in her voice.

It was funny to watch my new parents sign the tiny papers. Jordan put me down and I ran inside and packed my stuff before running back out. All I had was a small suit case of clothes, my iPod, and my laptop.

I said my good bye to Mrs. Celina before Jordan picked me up and put me on his shoulder. I grabbed onto his shirt as he put my stuff in his shirt pocket.

Its time for an actual life with people who care I thought as they began to walk away from the only place I have ever called home.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Also leave a vote or a comment for this new journey that we just began :)