Chapter 2: Dinner at Home

~~~Mike~~~

I was shaking from how fast I was moving that I didn't notice...mom...talking on the phone. I felt myself slipping and yelped causing Jordan to stop moving and I fell down his shirt. I was half way down when I felt his hand press against me making me stop.

"Are you OK?" Jordan boomed making me flinch.

"Please put me in you pocket" I almost cried out. 

"Yeah..sure" he said gently as he put me in his pocket with all of my stuff and patted it before walking. I was in a place of warmth and heard them most relaxing thumping sound of his heart. I closed my eyes for a minute before he pulled me back out.

"Sweetie, we have to get an emergency tracker and alarm put in you" mom said.

I looked over to see a borrower hospital and I got scared yet again.

"You aren't going to leave me are you?" I said looking her in the eyes.

"Oh honey we just got you, we wouldn't do that. We just want you to get a tracker and a emergency alarm chip put in you so if you are scared we know and can find you...Also your school requires you to have them put in" She said picking me up and holding me.

"If you stay with me than I don't care...mom"I mumbled the last part and could practically feel her smile shining on me.

We went into the doctor and was taken to the back where the doctor just stuck me with a needle.

"All done" she said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, just hit the button here if you are in an emergency and your family will be notified and any building with the borrower alert system installed will sound an alarm so they can help you" the doctor said smiling.

"Thanks" I said and looked down as mom picked me up.

"See that wasn't bad was it?" she asked softly.

"No...just...never mind" I said.

"What is it son?" dad asked.

"I'm just not used to people caring about me..." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Mom wiped it away, "We will love you and care for you as if I gave birth to you" she said with a smile as Jordan walked up from behind them.

"You wouldn't mind that?" I asked looking at Jordan.

"Not at all my little brother" he said which made me lose it and cry.

Mom held me to her chest as I cried myself to sleep.

+++Three hours Later+++

I woke up on a very soft bed and stretched with my eyes still closed. I opened my eyes to see I was in a normal sized room...was the human family a dream? I thought until the ground started to shake and the roof opened. I was blinded by a light until the human blocked it and I was able to see Jordan and his smiling face.

"Oh your up?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said looking down.

"I was coming to get you for dinner, Dad made his famous pizza" he said.

"OK"" I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Promise me I won't be a pet" I said.

"A pet? What are you talking about?" he asked confused.

"Just forget it" I said.

"I promise that you are my brother and you are mom and dad's new son who will be part of this family" he said.

Borrower Syndrome: MikeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara