29

I was shaking something awful as I walked towards my room. I could not believe James was acting so idiotic. He was attempting to go against Sirus. It would not end well. He was involving Sirus's enemies. It would not work..

He was going to get himself killed. And even more people in this palace murdered. But what was I to do? If I told Sirus of the plans he would surely kill everyone in the castle....but if something happened...if the vampyr attacked along with the humans. Everyone would die. Vampyr and humans... Or would we succeed with the vampyr? I knew nothing of their strength. Just that they drank blood to survive. Which churned my stomach.

Plus according to the Dragon King the Vampyr king was attempting at finding his 'bride.' My head hurt with all of this information swirling around my head. I made it to my room and sat on my bed.

I had gathered some more old items of mines, the tears that I would have shed were all dried up now. It was pointless for more crying. It would do nothing but churn my stomach even more and I did not need that.

I went into Eddie's room and grabbed at a few items that I thought he would enjoy seeing again. After I searched around the castle for anything else that I could bring back with my, I was brought to the outside.

I could see in the distance...their graves. Where their bones lay...

I began to bend down, bracing myself. My stomach that had been churning all day, let its content out onto the grass. I was shaking violently.

My parents. Just their bones remained because of Sirus's 'ideals' about how they should be buried... It stung my heart.

I had to calm myself down. What would someone say if they saw me like this?

"Princess, here you are." I stood up from my bending down position and was met with a maid. She had a handkerchief in hands. She looked familiar.

"Thank you," I said softly wiping at my mouth. "How has the lycans been treating you all? I know you will give me an honest answer," I said. I recognized her. She had served my family for many years. She was always kind and gentle.

She sighed. "They are as kind as beasts are I suppose. They do not tolerate mutiny...they have let us do what we do on our own. Not to controlling, your highness. They are very cruel to the people who speak out against them...a-and some of the soldiers take the village girls. We never see them again," she admitted. "We do not know what becomes of them. Just as we did not know what became of you."

They must have taken the girls as mates...just as Sirus has done to me. Just imagining being forced to wed men you do not know of a different species...sure I have went through it but I would not want any of my people to go through the same. "I am sorry," I apologized. "I should have been here...I-"

"-There was nothing you could do, Princess. You were dealing with your own problems with that King...no one blames you. If anything we blame them...but we are just trying to get by," she explained. "We do miss your parents awfully. I can only imagine how you feel. If by some miracle they could come back..." she trailed off.

My throat was constricting. There was a way. There was a way... "Yes...well, do you think it would be foolish of me if I have their bones come back with me? I would like their graves to always be in my sight. To remind me," I said trying out my spiel on this woman. Seeing if it would work on her it might work on Sirus.

I felt her hand on my shoulder. "Oh my Queen, yes. If anyone deserves to see their graves it is you and Prince Edwin."

"Thank you."

She left me to sit and ponder. I wondered what the meeting was about. I would try and eveasddop but then I remembered that Sirus could smell me. He would know and reprimand me for it. I was one hundred percent sure he would. He could not even let me be in control of what happened to my kingdom.