34

Deception. Rage.

All of those feeling melded into one are what prodded at my beast. Emotions I have not felt in half a century came barreling into my chest.

I could see her mouth moving.
I could see the panic in her eyes.

Blood rushing through my veins. My heart pumping so ferociously that I could not hear past it.

She would not end my legacy.
I would not lose her.
Nor the child.

Rowan was attempting at restraining my body. He was not strong enough.

Chelsea shielding her from me.

Words. Loud words that shook the small cottage, rang through my mind. Raddiling my blood lust haze.

The arms wrapped around my body were being pulled away, as my body felt completely stiff.

The only thing I was able to move were my eyes. I noticed that Rowan was suspended in some frozen air like state also. So was Chelsea...and her.

I snarled at the seer. She is as powerful as the mountains, but she is still worthy of the dungeons. She dare use magic against me?

"Now you horrid creatures you, what has gotten the child king so upset? Tell me, or else you will all be like this for eternity," she sang in a way that made my beast flinch.

Her voice was gravel and dirt. Old and earth.

How does she expect me to speak when she has frozen my mouth? "I said speak, King!"

I will kill her. Any deal we have made with her will be void and I will take joy in gazing upon her severed body.

"She is trying to buy a potion to kill my child," I snarled, surprised that words were coming from my mouth. "I will not have it, Esmeralda. I will have the seer disable your ability to move before I let you do such a thing!"

Esmeralda's eyes were ablaze with an anger that I had only seen when we had first ever met. The loathing and despise behind those sparkling eyes truly showing.

"Why would I kill my child, Sirus?!"

"You loathe me, what other reason could you possibly have?" I spat, feeling my body attempt at shifting. My wolf having the urge to tear her throat out. This was one thing my wolf nor I could accept.

He wanted to end her life now.

I would keep her alive until she birthed the child.

"Do not think yourself so important, Sirus! I would not kill my child over my hatred for you!" The words she spat at me were venom. From a snake that had bitten me many times.

We were toxic snakes in a dark pit.
Spewing venom everywhere.

The struggle to move, burned my body. Making me snarl out, saliva leaving my lips. The witch's eyes were glowing. She seemed angered by the turn of events.

"Then why are you here?!" My chest burned with the amount of movement I was attempting to use.

I needed to grab her. Shake her very being. Touch her as she told me her lies. Her truths.

She is trying to tear my kingdom apart. Me.

I have been torn to shreds. No one has the ability to tear down what has not been built up.