30

"Sarah your dresses are absolutely divine!"

Little Sarah stood in the middle of the room smiling widely. "Yes. You look beautiful, Sarah," Chelsea agreed with a smile on her face.

"Are you sure...my Queen? This material is very expensive," the dress maker claimed while looking down at Sarah with much disdain.

Chelsea growled. I held her hand tightly. I did not need her ripping out any more tongues..."Sarah go find Eddie. Show him your pretty dress," I smiled. Sarah hugged me quickly before slipping away happy.

I would not tolerate this woman treating Sarah as if she was less than. It would not happen on my watch. "I am the Queen am I not?" I questioned her as the woman nodded her head while eying me closely.

"And what I say, I mean do I not? You have made my wedding dress. Many other dresses for me. You have never second guessed my opinions before, so why start now? If you have such concern about what I spend my coin on, I will find a new dress maker who will care less. Do you understand?" I asked watching her face begin to heat up.

She bowed down. Low. "Forgive me, my Queen."

"You may leave."

I had been becoming more angry and annoyed by the day. Tired and achey. This child was making me extremely irritable. Chelsea thought it was amusing and Sirus was still appreciative that I had been cooperating with him lately. I was to tired to argue. That is all.

I was often plagued with odd dreams of Everton and his different plans to wed me and kill Sirus. That had me waking up in the middle of the night, oddly craving for Sirus's touch.

I would press into his back. His immediate response would be to wrap his arms around me and fall back into his deep slumbers. Maybe that was just my way of reassuring myself he would not kill me in the middle of the night...if I accidentally ever uttered Everton's name in my sleep.

"That woman is insufferable. She treated me like dirt when Rowan wished to have some dresses made for me...I am glad you have said what you did," Chelsea smiled as I shrugged. I just did not tolerate that. Not from an elderly dress maker. There were probably plenty better women to fill her shoes yet she had an attitude about making a dress with so little material for a little girl.

"Are you hungry?" Chelsea questioned.

I nodded my head quickly. Every time I saw food it was as if my stomach forgot I had just eaten. I felt like some sort of animal! Being with child was truly an interesting experience. "Yes...do you think you can call a maid up with maybe some biscuits and cheese. I will eat that before I rest then I think I will just take some porridge and bread later. Maybe some sweet tarts too after," I told her as she just looked at me wide eyed.

Chelsea smirked. "That is all you do lately but what did I expect? You are carrying the next heir."

I grimaced. I would be carrying the next heir to Sirus's throne. Not my own. "Well it will not be so soon until you are in the same condition I am in," I smiled as Chelsea shook her head. Blushing.

"Oh no. I am not ready for a child. Not even one bit." I was not ready either...but look what has happened to me. I felt a rush of fatigue and sighed. Chelsea must have noticed it. "Rest. If you are not down by sunset I will be up with hot tea, okay?"

"Thank you," I smiled.

As I walked down the hall I could see Edwin and Sarah. She was crying. Something horrible.

I hurried over to them, glaring at Eddie.
Did he tell her that her dresses were not pretty?
Did he pull her hair again?
Or put a bug in her water?
Or steal one of her bracelets?