Chapter 3

[Lucy POV]

I awoke to seven faces hanging above me, all with worried looks on their faces. 

"What happened?" I mumbled.

"Lucy you're awake! Thank goodness you didn't get hurt!" Levy smiled, pulling me off my back. I sat up to find myself in an unfamiliar bedroom. 

"W-Where am I?" I stuttered. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in Natsu's arms after he pulled me off the edge of the roof.

"You're at my place," Natsu spoke, holding my hand. He sat on the floor next to the bed gripping my hand. I yanked my hand away from him, causing him to slump down in disappointment.

"Why did you do that? I was going to be free! I was going to be away from..." I didn't know if they had read the note or not. Wait did they look at my arms? I began to panic when I felt a warmth draped around me.

"Because we couldn't lose you," Natsu whispered. He shook as he sighed. I felt a warm breath of air rush past my ear. I could feel his arms around me. His heart pounding on my back. Tears brimmed my eyes as I pulled my legs close to me. I curled my head into my knees as I tried to hide the tears.

"Oh, Lucy! Why won't you ever tell us about your feelings? Your thoughts? We can help you through whatever you're going through! You just have to tell us!" Juvia comforted as the rest of the group agreed.

"I'm sorry guys. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm fine now. I don't know what was going through my head. I'll tell you guys if anything happens." I lied. That's all I did then. I just lied and lied and lied. I lied about my family. I lied about the bruises that ran up and down my arms and legs. I lied about how I was fine when I wasn't. But if I told them everything, it would just end up to be a giant mess that would end in my friends leaving my side, and I would be alone, trying to fight the pain I go home to each night.

Everyone sighed. They could probably see straight through my lies, but they didn't try and push it.

"Lucy, we know you're not okay. People just don't go try and kill themselves, but if you don't want to talk about it, we won't force you. Just know that we are always open to talk to you. You don't have to hide anything from us." Erza groaned, taking Jellal's hand and turning to leave. Everyone else said their goodbyes and left. Natsu tightened his grip before releasing me from the embrace. I started to leave, but Natsu stopped me.

"No, I don't want you leaving. I-I just don't want you to leave just to go and try... again." Natsu stuttered. I thought for a moment. 

"My brother! I have to go get him! I can't leave him home... alone." I shouted, rushing to the door.

"No!" Natsu yelled, throwing himself in front of the door. 

"But you don't understand! Natsu, I need to get my brother! I can't leave him there! He'll get... hurt!" I yelled. I tried to shove him out of the way, but he didn't budge one bit. He contemplated me leaving to get my brother.

"Natsu, I'm begging you... please," I whispered. I placed my head on his chest, feeling the tears beginning to form again.

"Okay, but I'm going with you." He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back and lifted my head. I smiled at his mercy.

"There's the smile I've been looking for." He smiled back, opening the door and throwing a coat of his around me. I blushed in response as I joined him outside.

-

"Come on, Andy! We are going to go spend a few nights with a friend of mine's house! It'll be fun!" I smiled.