Chapter 4

I woke up to the smell of a sharp coulonge. But it didn't smell bad, it smelled good, like a boyfriend kind of coulonge. I opened my eyes to find myself in what seemed to be Natsu's bedroom. But there was no Natsu in sight.

I pulled the covers off of my body. I was somehow changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Natsu...

I looked down to find multiple bandages and mini ice packs wrapped around my arms and legs. Oh Natsu... I smiled realizing what he had done for me.

I shuffled to the open living area to find Natsu sprawled out on the couch with a thin blanket and pillow. I bent over and whispered in his ear 'thank you'. I stood up to find a smirk plastered on his face. I giggled before deciding to make him breakfast as a small gift of my gratitude.

I finished the pancakes just as Natsu began to stir out of his slumber.

"Hey sleepyhead! I made breakfast as token of my gratitude for all you've done for Andy and me." Natsu smirked while his eyes remained closed. "Smells delicious!" He exclaimed. He forced himself up. I looked up at him. He stood stretching, displaying his muscles as he looked out the window at the bright blue sky. I blushed as I brought my focus back down to the dishes I was washing. I moved back over to the pans that still held the baking pancakes.

Natsu shuffled into the kitchen running his hands through his salmon hair. He peeked over my shoulder and smiled at the meal I was preparing.

"I'll go wake up Andy." He called going to Andy's room. "By the way," he began as I looked over to him, "I made sure I didn't see anything you probably wouldn't want me to see." He nodded in my direction. I smirked at him. "Mhm, sure!" I teased giggling at his blush. "Well geez next time I'll leave you to sleep in the most uncomfortable clothes ever!" He laughed going back to his original intent.

Andy came running into the kitchen laughing as hard as he could trying to hide behind me. "Andy? What's going on?" I asked worried.

"The Natsu Monster's going to get me!" He screamed. I looked over to find Natsu creeping closer and closer to me. I giggled as I stepped to the side that way Natsu had an open shot at attacking the little boy. I smiled as Natsu attacked lifting Andy into the air claiming him as his 'prey'. I almost peed my pants. I was laughing so hard. Then Natsu grabbed me by the waist and lifted me over his shoulder. I squealed as I hung over his shoulder.

"Now I have both of you!" Natsu roared stomping around the apartment.

"Natsu! Natsu! Stop I'm gonna pee my pants!" I warned through a fit of giggles. He placed me down as I immediately dropped to the floor. I couldn't stand I was laughing so hard.

"Luce! You okay?"

"I'm just fine!" I laughed gripping at my sides in pain.

"Bye, Andy! Have a great day at school!" Natsu shouted out the window waving at the blonde haired boy. Andy looked back and smiled before dashing into the school.

"Natsu, to be honest, this is the happiest Andy has been since my mother passed." I smiled weakly. Memories of my mother rushed back to me like a tidal wave.

My smile faded away as I remembered the first day my father hit me. It was the day we buried my mother six feet under. I was crying on the living room lounge we owned looking through some old photo albums. Snapshots of happy moments in time decorated the pages from top to bottom. Moments that my mother was apart of. Moments that will never happen again in the same way because she's gone.

My father shuffled up to me. He bore two large holes into the top of my head as I trembled staring at the pictures.

"I miss her..." I whispered in a raspy voice. Suddenly, he snatched the album out of my reach.