Chapter 11

"Hey" he whispered while his eyes skimmed over her outfit. His mouth slackened a bit. "You look...nice"

All she got was a nice. That was probably the worst thing anyone could be told. Nice meant average, and average meant not great. Not great meant bad.

'He probably thinks it covers too much', she thought

She pulled on a sly smile, subtly pulling on the front of her dress to lower the neckline.

Maybe that'll help.

"Thank you Parker" she replied still standing there.

"Please come in," he said while stepping aside so that she could step inside.

Laurielle walked through the door, purposely walking too close to him so that her arm skimmed against the soft fabric of this shirt. He pulled in a breath.

I guess it did help

His apartment was tasteful and clean, and lacking personal touches. It was something out of a commercial or a magazine about the homes of rich people.

"I like your place," she said quietly out of politeness.

He smiled at her, "It's empty and cold. There's not much to like. I stay here because it's close to the office and better than a hotel."

She noticed that he did not invite her to sit down and she took it as another sign that she was here to simply do her job. So, she pulled in a breath and walked towards Parker.

This is what he wanted, so I'll give it to him.

In a few seconds, they were standing in front of each other with less than an arm span in between them. Parker stood with shock at how they came to be in this position, and Laurielle stood with a forced determination.

Laurielle moved her hands onto his chest and leaned into him, savoring the hardness and strength of his body. She clenched her hands around his shirt softly and leaned in head in slowly.

Parker's breath was caught in his chest and he could not breath properly. His heartbeat pounded and blood rushed to his head...and everywhere else. It was a wonder that this tiny girl could make him feel lightheaded and dizzy with just a touch. And at this moment, he stared, dazed, at the way her eyes fluttered shut and the way the light hit her face and outlined her face. She was beautiful.

He felt himself leaning in to her face and the heat between burnt as their faces inched together. Their lips were so close that barely a sliver of light passed through, and just as they grazed together, Parker jolted back.

Laurielle's eyes shot open and she stared at him wide. She approached towards him trying to continue with what they were doing, but he stepped back. Her eyes lit up with confusion.

"L-let's go eat" Parker stuttered in a coarse voice. He turned away from her, knowing that catching her eyes would trigger him to lose his inhibitions.

Laurielle stood there stunned and frozen, completely baffled at what he was doing.

"But I thought that...you wanted to..." she whispered.

Parker ran his hands through his hair and tugged at it. He let out a chuckle and turned to face her.

"You don't know how much I want to. You really do not. I don't think you understand how much you affect me" He spoke, pausing after each word as if it were painful to talk. "But I want to have dinner tonight. Like a date" He said boyishly.

Laurielle's cheeks blazed in embarrassment at her mistake and forwardness. He didn't want me here for sex. He wanted to have a date.

"Oh," She let out in a squeak "I'm sorry."

Parker relaxed and let out a laugh. He walked over to her and held out his hand for her.

"Shall we?" he said with sparkling eyes and a playful smirk.