Oh come on, you drama queen.

Brooke's POV

"Do we really have to wear these things?" I asked, referring to the big camouflage suit we had to wear for paintballing.
"I'm afraid so. Don't forget the helmet." Stephanie laughed, picking up the helmet and putting it on my head, patting the top of it gently.
"You look cute." She smirked and I rolled my eyes before we went to join the boys.

"It's a little big for you, don't you think?" Jake asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.
"They didn't have one in my size." I sighed as I stood in between Jake and Lee.

After last night, lee and I haven't really spoken other than a 'hello'. I guess he finds things awkward now. All he did was hold my hand, it's no biggie. Then again, it may be for him...

"You're going to need your guns and fill them with the paintballs." The instructor said and he led us to the guns, handing them to us, one by one. I thanked the man before standing beside lee who already had his gun.
"I think they give us the hopper when we get on the fire zone." He said softly and I replied with a small nod.
"I'm sorry about last night." He sighed.
"It's fine." I smiled.
"Really? I don't want you to think that anything is awkward between us." He said.
"The awkward tension has gone." I giggled.
"So you admit that it was awkward?" He asked with a smile and I shrugged.
"Just a tad." I grinned, looking up at him.

"Go get your positions in the fire zone and get in the two teams." The man shouted at us and I quickly ran over to Stephanie before we made our way to the zone.

The man came around and handed us all a hopper, which is the container that holds all the paintballs, and we clicked it in place.
"Right, if you look at your guns, there should be a safety switch and the trigger." The instructor said and I examined my gun to see that it had both of those things. It would be pretty stupid if it didn't.
"Before you can play, you have to understand the rules." The man began.

After he told us the rules that were things like, keep your mask on at all times otherwise you'll get shot in the face and die, a bit extreme, I know. The next rule was that when he shouts go, we can click the safety button and start firing at the opposite team players. Seems pretty easy.

I stood with my gun raised at the boys, standing beside Stephanie.
"Go." The man yelled and the game began.

Lee began to shoot at me and I dodged every single paint ball. The rule is, that if you're hit with a paintball and it bursts, you have to raise your hand and step out of the playing zone to the safety zone and you're out. 

I had hit lee a few times but none of them burst. Jake then got in the way, getting shot by a paintball that lee was firing in my direction and it hit him, bursting.
I cheered and Jake raised his hand up, giving lee a playful glare before walking to the safety zone.
Stephanie walked over and high fived me but as she did, lee fired at me but somehow missing me completely making it burst on Stephanie's side.
"Lee." She screamed and he laughed. She raised her hand and walked to the safety zone with Jake.

"Looks like there's just two of us." I smirked and he shrugged, firing balls at me. I didn't dodge every one but they didn't burst, not just yet anyway.

I fired some more at lee and and one went straight into his stomach, bursting a bright shade of purple. He pretended to fall down to the floor and die dramatically.
"Oh come on, you drama queen." I giggled, holding my hand out for him to take. I went to pull him up but instead he pulled me down with him and we laid there laughing.

I sat up, taking my helmet off and looking at him.
"Now that wasn't very nice." I pouted.
"Suck it up buttercup." He chuckled, standing up and holding out a hand for me to take. I placed my hand in his and he pulled me up.
We walked back to the safety zone where jake and Stephanie were sitting.
"Who won?" Jake asked.
"Who do you think?" I asked, pointing to the splash of purple paint on lees camouflage suit. Stephanie stood up and threw her arms around me, squealing.

---------------
"My stomach hurts like hell." Lee groaned, rubbing a hand over his stomach whilst we sat down on the sofas.
"It can't hurt that much Leebo." Rob laughed.
"Brooke's got a good shot." Stephanie smirked and I high fived her. Lee began to lift up his black shirt and it revealed a little circle mark.
"There's a mark!" Jake laughed and lee frowned.
"Not funny. Ya boy's in pain." Lee groaned.

Sue then walked out of the front room and came back with an ice pack.
"Hold this on it, it might make it better." She said softly. Lee thanked her and placed the ice pack on it, wincing at the coldness.
"Suck it up buttercup." I smirked at him, using his previous words. He rolled his eyes playfully and we continued to watch the film.

Jake and Stephanie had now left the room and gone up stairs to do god knows what. To be honest, I don't even want to know what they're up to.

"The ice pack has melted." Lee frowned.
"It's got to be a little better now." I said, lifting up his top to see the mark. It was still there but was less visible.
"How is it?" He asked and I poked it.
"Why the hell would you poke it?" Rob asked and I laughed.
"To see if it was numb or not." I laughed and lee grabbed my hand placing it back over the mark.
"Your hands are warm." He grinned and I rolled my eyes playfully but left my hand there for his stomach to now warm up.
(Edited)