Who are you?

Brooke's POV

I got no sleep last night. Hearing my mum and some other dude having sex in the bedroom next to me was not a sound I wanted to hear, so hear I am, sitting up on my bed with the biggest bags under my eyes. I don't even think the man went home last night.

I stood up, pulling on my hoodie before lazily walking downstairs to the kitchen where I made myself a coffee. As I sat down on the table with it, the man walked in and frowned at me.
"Who are you?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.
"Uh, I think the question is, who the hell are you?" I asked before taking a sip of my coffee.
"You can't answer a question with another question." He said, getting out two mugs from the cupboard. What does he think he's doing? He can't just route around our cupboards like that.
"I'm her daughter." I said, taking another sip of my drink.
"Well daughter, I'm her new boyfriend." He grinned and I choked on my drink, slamming the mug down to the table.
"You're what?" I asked, making sure I had heard him right.
"I'm your mums boyfriend. Seems like you have an attitude problem." He laughed slightly and I clenched my jaw but eased when my mum came walking in, smashing her lips on the guys lips, completely ignoring me.

I stood up, making sure that my chair made a sound as I pushed it back and I grabbed my coffee.
"And this is my cue to leave." I sighed loudly. My mum then turned to face me.
"Honey, I didn't know you were home. You didn't text me or anything." She said.
"You knew I was coming home, you left a note out." I said and she laughed.
"Oh yeah, so I did. Anyways, how did it go at Jakes?" She asked.
"Good." I replied, I'm not telling her anything whilst that thing is standing beside her.
"I need more details. How is that boyfriend of yours?" She asked.
"He's good. I'm leaving now." I groaned, walking out of the kitchen.

I heard a few mumbles come from my mum and the thing as I sat in the living room, switching on the TV. I pulled out my phone from my hoodie pocket and I opened up twitter.

@brookesmithy
You could shop with the bags under my eyes right now 😴😩

After a few minutes of tweeting that and my notifications blowing up, lee had tweeted me back.

@ItsLeeHinchy
Why haven't you slept?

@brookesmithy
Text me 😞

Soon enough, there was text from lee.

FROM LEEBO
Morning baby. What's wrong? 💚 xx

TO LEEBO
Firstly, I miss you. Secondly, my mum came home with some man last night and kept me awake all night. Thirdly, they're now together and to top it all off, my mum hadn't even noticed I was home until she came downstairs this morning 👍🏼❤️ xx

FROM LEEBO
I miss you too :( that sucks that she had no idea you were home. I wish I was there to cuddle you. Who's the new guy then? 💚 xx

TO LEEBO
I don't even know. He came down here whilst I was drinking my coffee this morning. He asked who I was then I asked who he was which then resulted in me telling him who I was first. He never told me his name, only that he was my mums new boyfriend. I wonder how long she's known this man... also, he said I have an attitude. Lovely man hey? ❤️ xx

FROM LEEBO
He sounds like a douche. She must have known him for a while if they're now a thing right? 💚 xx

TO LEEBO
To be honest with you, I don't have a clue. My mum has been on and off with men since my dad, no ones ever stuck. I'm telling you now, if it's that guy, I'm going to go insane 😡❤️ xx

FROM LEEBO
You should talk to her, alone, without mr douchebag around 💚 xx

TO LEEBO
Mr douche bag, I like it 😂 I could do, she won't listen to me 😞❤️ xx

FROM LEEBO
Just try but tell me what happens because I'm nosey af 😂💚 xx

TO LEEBO
Ok, will do 😂❤️ xx

FROM LEEBO
I love you 💚 xx

TO LEEBO
I love you too ❤️ xx

I smiled to myself and threw my phone down beside me but then frowned when I remembered that I'm going to have to go back to talk to my mum and see the douche bag.
Just as I thought that, the douche bag himself walked in and smiled at me.
"So, what's your name?" He asked, I rolled my eyes, standing up and walking out to the kitchen where my mum was cleaning the sides.

"Mum." I said and she turned around with a smile.
"A word please." I said as douche bag walked back in the room. God sake man, leave me alone.
"Ah, Caleb." She grinned at douche bag. So Caleb is his name.
"Brooke was just saying she wants to have a word with us." My mum smiled.
"Actually, just you mum." I said, looking at her sternly.
"Well, we'll be back." She sighed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out to the back.

"Care to tell me who that is?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest as she shut the back door.
"That's Caleb. He's lovely isn't he?" She smiled. This is the happiest I've seen her in a while.
"Not really." I mumbled, looking down at the ground.
"What?" She frowned.
"Nothing ma, I'm happy you're happy." I said, forcing on a smile and pulling her in for a hug. She laughed before walking back in the house.

I sighed and kicked the wall behind me before grabbing my foot in pain. That was a mistake. I stood there, jumping around on the spot, gripping my foot in pain asking myself why I hadn't told my mum the real reason as to why I wanted to speak to her.

I'm such an idiot.