Part 1.3: Thanksgiving

20 Years Earlier or Possibly 50,000 Years Ahead

Thanksgiving, Ursa Major Constellation

“Flying rockets!” the Doctor's head popped out from beneath the brush of the exotic Alien jungle landscape.

“Doctor, where are we?” the Doctor's companion at time Dorothy asked as she wiped away some of the dirt from her face.

“Well we are in Ursa Major, possibly the jungle moon of Thanksgiving!” the Doctor explained as he rummaged through the fauna. Dorothy as usual just shook her head and continued to wipe away the soils.

“Thanksgiving, why is it called that?” Dorothy asked still following the Doctor.

“Well you see Dorothy this moon is literally a gift. The indigenous species the Djinn gifted this world to the colonial Humans who travelled here looking for a new world to settle after there location at the time was deemed unstable to host life! The Djinn were in trouble with these Rhinoceros looking fellows never can remember the name but still they were in a lot of trouble. So the Humans located Thanksgiving settled down, they helped the Djinn defeat the Rhinoceros looking creatures and as a gift the Djinn gave them the moon as a gift,” the Doctor rambled.

“Isn't that sweet; what is that over,” Dorothy pointed to a large pyramid in the distance. It was painted with gold and its glow continued for miles, the Doctor clapped his hands.

“Come on Dorothy let us find out,” the Doctor marched towards the pyramid. He wondered what could be inside, the architecture was traditional Djinnese so obviously its origin was off this world. When the Doctor and Dorothy approached it a strange hum shook the forest. “What was that?” the Doctor pondered.

“A hum?” Dorothy looked down to the red shaded blades of grass.

“It may be some sort of foghorn or something?” the Doctor was initially a bit confused by this pyramid. Never in his long life and his many visits to Thanksgiving had he seen such a thing, maybe he had began to forget thinks in his old age or maybe it was much more simpler than that and whenever the Doctor was here the pyramid used some sort of camouflage system to disguise itself. Intrigued Dorothy entered a small hatch at the bottom of the pyramid structure.

“Very, very odd” the Doctor continued as he followed his companion inside.

Inside it was humid and four torches sat in the corners of the room; in the centre was a sort of beacon. Intrigued the Doctor approached it and began to analyse it, so much detail had gone into its design. A band stitched within it was decorated, a decoration that chronicled the Djinn - Dalek war.

“Is that a Dalek?” Dorothy asked pointing at the tiny fabric stitching.

“Yes, the Djinn – Dalek War. It lasted for centuries and there was over a billion casualties, not a single Dalek casualty though. They arrived and slaughtered them like animals to a butcher,” a tear fell from the Doctor's right eye.

“Its okay Doctor,” Dorothy patted his back.

“Thanks Dorothy, you always know how to make me smile!” the Doctor grinned. “Now lets-” the Doctor turned around behind him was an Ursan assassin holding a blaster to his forehead. “I would like to tell you the barrel of that blaster is incredibly uncomfortable,” the Doctor breathed.

“What are you doing in the Holy Church Battleship of the Ursan assassin guild?” the assassin asked his finger slithered on the trigger.

“The Holy Church Battleship?” the Doctor giggled.

“Do not offend the name of the Holy Church Battleship!” the assassin screamed his finger still on the trigger. He grabbed the Doctor by the neck and raised him off the ground, the assassin's mask was dark and styled like an adamant skull.

“L- L- Let me go,” the Doctor released his neck from the assassin's iron fist. “Quickly Dorothy run,” the Doctor pushed out with Dorothy stumbling behind. Once again they were in a forest and the assassin was not far behind, he shot at two of them. He began to hum like the holy church battleship itself.

“How dare you discover the Holy Church Battleship of the ancient Djinn before us,” the assassin hummed as he chased the two. “Run, run for you're irrelevant little life!” he continued to hum.

Finally the troublesome couple it made it to the door, at amazing speeds they made it inside. “Doctor, quick input the space time co-ordinates!” Dorothy screamed.

“Okey dokey chill out,” the Doctor's long fingers run up and down the keyboard inputting the co-ordinates to escape. Then there was the sound, the distinct roar of the TARDIS leaving the planet. The blue box flung through time and space still though they were followed by the time travelling compatible Ursan assassins.

Eventually the Doctor managed to escape by taking a short cut through a subspace hole in the universe but again that is another story.

Back in Hollowfield

“So that is why they are after me, I discovered there secret Holy Church spaceship thingy? Once we escaped we just continued on with everything as scheduled...” the Doctor giggled as he attempted to find the subspace hole again.

“Hold on, hold on you have a schedule?” Frances asked.

“No of course I don't have a schedule, why would I have a schedule. I travel time and space and the other bits nobody talks about,” the Doctor smiled.

“Another thing are you a sort of fox hunter?” Frances squinted her eyes and began to study his suit.

“Are you being serious? I am a time traveller and you are asking me am I a fox hunter because of what I wear, do you not realise Francis that you are currently travelling through time and space?” the Doctor shook is head in disbelief. “Look I am a confirmed alien who brought you on my ship because we were getting chased and you just think me off as a farmer!” the Doctor began to pour himself a mug of tea.

“Sorry y'know just a bit weird; so weird you can only think of the usual questions. Just hard to take it all in, for well all the obvious reasons. So can you really go anywhere in this?”. The Doctor was silent. Frances had only been with the Time Lord for a few minutes and she was already rambling like him. She began to take a closer look at everything around her, never did she expect in her life to see this. She didn't even believe she would see the Mars landings. “Doctor when do the Mars landings happen?” she questioned. Her left leg crossed her right and she attempted to relax.

“Fine, the Mars landing happen in the year two-thousand and eighteen for the Humans anyway...” the Doctor was still fiddling with the switches and buttons as he explained.