Part 1.5: Complex

Quick Note: Sorry for the delayed update but now you have one, so merry Christmas?

Part 1.5: Complex

The Ursan assassin began to circle Francis, studying her as if she was nothing more than a bipedal brain in a jar. “You see Doctor; this Estimation Drive was invented by a group of your personal greatest enemies. The sole reason was to transport to a random destination with an eighty percent chance of finding you there. The algorithms that make it up are quite simple really; you do have quite a pattern when it comes to travel. One second you located back in I don’t know Victorian era London the next you are on a distant world or possibly the future” the assassin explained.

“Well it’s where I feel most at home I guess” the Doctor smiled.

“The universe is massive, have a little originality and maybe the Estimation Drive won’t work out the correct location the majority of the time” the assassin said.

“You mentioned a group of my enemies, care to share a few names?” the Doctor asked.

“Oh I don’t mean to brag but they really are a wonderful group. Cybermen, Draconians, Sontarons, Zygons and of course the wonderful beast machines of Skaro, the Daleks” the assassin laughed he began to examine a weapon he had held in a holster.

“The whole parade, did they come up with a pretty name for their little club?” the Doctor questioned. The assassin held his hand to his chin.

“Well of course they wouldn’t want to upset you would they! What was that name again?” the assassin paused. “Yes I remember now, Gar’ Gaul!” laughed the assassin. The Doctor nodded.

“I see Gar’ Gaul. The ancient Ursan name for the devil, why would they choose ancient Ursan-script instead of universal basic?” the Doctor asked.

“Well it was part of the agreement. We provided the tools, we should at least get to choose the name” the assassin walked over to a seat and sat down. “Don’t you understand why we went with Gar’ Gaul?” the assassin asked leaning towards them.

“Not incredibly; nope!” the Doctor replied.

“They all had their own names for you. Such as the predator, nightmare bearer and Satan all of which translated to Gar’ Gaul. You are their worst nightmares, the thing they fear the most you are Gar’ Gaul!” the assassin began to laugh maniacally.  

“Not to interrupt but why would they call him the devil?” Frances asked.

“Haven’t you heard of all the naughty things he has done. He would drown an entire army of mutants in their own blood if he had the opportunity. He isn’t a hero, nobody is a hero. He is a murderer, a filthy savage Time Lord!” the assassin explained.

“I am not a murderer!” the Doctor roared. “Frances if you can do me anything, anything in the world just ignore this man. He is a joke!” the Doctor shouted.

“Just calm down” Frances screamed at the both of them. “If you could do me anything it would be to just make up, you may be a murderer but I am sure you had you’re reasons. It’s understandable if you had to kill to protect! Doctor obviously where this little club called Gargoyle or whatever it is saw you as a threat, many see you as a friend. I want to be you’re friend Doctor; I want to travel the galaxies with you. I hate in Hollowfield honestly I do. So assassin or whoever you are the only reason the Doctor is how he is; is because he is a broken man. He obviously needs a companion to teach him a lesson or two and that is what I will do!” Frances finished. She took a deep breath.

“She is an interesting one isn’t she” the assassin smiled. Frances ran over and slapped him across the face, sighed at him. “Feisty too!” the assassin grinned.

“I don’t say this to everyone but yes I like be feisty every once in a while” Frances said, she turned her head slightly and smiled at the Doctor. He smiled back.

“Right, now what do we do with you!” the Doctor said pointing his finger at the assassin.