Part 1.4: Estimation Drive

“Well that sucks,” Frances sighed.

“I could take you to Mars right now if you like,” the Doctor looked over to her and smiled.

“Really! Do you have spacesuits?” Frances asked.

“Somewhere another but we won't need them!” the Doctor began to input the time and space co-ordinates into the console computer. “How about five hundred years in the future to the south eastern territory of Scandia?” he asked his head hanging over his shoulder.

“Why not. Will I be the first human to ever go to Mars?” Frances hopped.

“Do you want the honest answer?” the Doctor smiled.

“Yes,” Frances nodded.

“No,” the Doctor sarcastically grinned as they took off for Mars.

500 Years Later,

Scandia Territory, Mars

The TARDIS appeared in Scandia. Frances quickly rushed outside as the Doctor lay back on the console. She pushed open the thick blue doors with so much joy, never had she been out of Shropshire and now she was over fifty-millions miles away. On the other side she could imagine the orange sand which would continue on for almost an eternity. But instead it was green, incredibly green. Fresh blades of grass rested beneath her dark black boots. But not only that there was Hollowfield again. “Doctor are you sure we are on Mars?” Frances asked incredibly confused.

“Certain,” the Doctor rushed out, it was Hollowfield again. “Now that is weird,” he scratched the top of his head.

“This is just Hollowfield,” Frances sighed. The Doctor standing behind her flipped out his sonic screwdriver and waved it around the atmosphere.

“Nope, defiantly Mars. High radiation levels now you wouldn't get that in Shropshire would you?” the Doctor announced. “Lets go for another pint shall we,” the Doctor approached the King's Crown once again. He pushed upon the door; inside once again Bob was standing behind the bar.

“What can I get you?” Bob asked his voice sounding slightly synthetic in nature.

“Hello Bob I will take two Hydrolagers and a bag of salted peanuts please thank you!” the Doctor giggled.

“Of course sir,” Bob began to pour the Hydrolager into two glasses.

“See Frances defiantly Mars,” the Doctor winked.

“Hydrolagers?” Frances shifted her head back with a peculiar expression. “Hold on a second how is Bob here, five hundreds years Bob would defiantly be dead. You don't have to be a scientist to figure that out,” she giggled and clicked her fingers. The top of Bob's head raised on a motor system to reveal a complex computer system where his brain is supposed to be.

“On another hand this actually may be Mars?” Frances took four steps back.

“See!” the Doctor screamed. Then it happened the Ursan assassin entered again, this time more prepared.

“Wait...” Frances pointed at the assassin.

“Hello Doctor,” the assassin put his gun to the Doctor's chest.

“How did you know we would come here?” the Doctor roared pushing the blaster away from him, it bounced twice before falling flat onto the floor.

“The boys at science call it an Estimation Drive, I myself like to call it you're worst nightmare!” the assassin leaned over and picked up his gun.

“An Estimation Drive?” the Doctor looked to the assassin.

“Its not as complex as you think,” the assassin smiled.