Pearl x Reader

"That's not fair." you pointed out as Pearl hologrammed the chess board and moved the pieces around. She smiled and shrugged, her posture perfect as always.

"It's not, really. It's the same way that you think, you expect the next move."

"But I don't have a hologram."

"Good for you," she said with a smirk. You leaned back, and watched as Pearl moved around the pieces around on the hologram. Finally, after three minutes and fifty one seconds she moved the bishop two spaces to the diagonal right. You laugh, and quickly move your knight over three forward and one to the left, capturing her bishop. Pearl pouted and tried to imitate your movements, choosing one of her many pawns and moving it forward, only for it to be captured by one of your own pawns. Pearl gave up on her perfect posture and leaned back on the couch, sighing.

"How come you're so smart?" she asked, fiddling with one of your captured rooks, a loss that you were still upset about. You look up at her in surprise. Pearl? Calling you smart? You didn't feel all so smart, not compared to her.

"You think I'm smart?" you ask, picking up your king piece, fiddling with the smooth wood.

"Absolutely brilliant, my love." It brought a blush to your face.

You moved your queen a few places to the right.

"Checkmate."