fluff!!!

a/n: hey there! this is a human au where lapis is korean??? and peridot is just... american??? like...she has no clue what race she is lmao.

also the Korean words are really hard to write with English letters??? so just???? ignore my mess.

~

"Notebooks." Peridot nodded at the wobbly stack of notebooks at the corner of the desk.

"Notebooks." There was still a hint of an accent, and she spoke a little too slow in the wrong places, but seeing how much progress she had made in the last few months was amazing. Despite her constant setbacks, she still managed to learn to speak an entire language relatively easily.

Peridot took a look around her bedroom to see if there could be anything that she was missing. Everything there was so familiar to her that she couldn't even imagine anyone not knowing what a bean bag chair was. The light blue walls seemed like a safe haven for the two of them.

"Bed."

"I know what a bed is you...goof. We are sitting on one." Lapis said the last word with a certain type of pride. Although formal speaking came rather fluidly to her, slang was a bit more difficult.

"You're the goof!" Peridot gently tossed a pillow at Lapis, which she easily caught and wrapped her arms around, looking around the room as well, scanning for something that didn't quite have a name for it in English yet.

"That?" Lapis nodded at the top corner of Peridot's room. It took a moment for Peridot to realize what she was looking at. The thin, shimmering threads hung from one corner to the other. A small black insect sat peacefully in its web.

"OH SHIT! " Peridot nearly jumped off the bed, and Lapis just barely caught her with a free hand, still holding onto the pillow. Peridot's heart was pounding as the spider in the corner only continued to wait peacefully for a fly to mistakenly fly into its web at some time in the future.

"Shit?" Lapis parroted with a smirk. It was obvious that she knew what that word meant. Although Peridot usually made a habit of not swearing in front of Lapis, it was too late to turn back now.

"It's a spider." Peridot said out of breath. Lapis shrugged and stood up on the bed. The mattress creaked under her weight as she walked to the edge of the bed, right under the spider's web. Peridot continued to edge away from the spider.

"Spider." Lapis muttered under her breath, getting her face far too close to the spider for Peridot to feel anywhere near comfortable.

"Yeah," her voice painfully cracked, "What are they called in Korean?"

"It's called a guo me." Lapis reached a hand out to the web. Peridot watched in a mixture of awe and horror as Lapis casually cupped the spider in her hands. Unconsciously, she let out a small yelp as Lapis jumped off the bed, and strode confidently to the window.

"You can't just pick up spiders!" Peridot managed to wheeze after Lapis let the spider crawled out of her palms out the window. She closed the window and turned around.

"Why in the world not?"

"They bite!" Peridot glared as Lapis walked back to her place on the other side of the bed, and sat down.

"It was small." She said with a shrug. "There is no reason to fear it."

"So? Small animals can kill you! Poison! Venom! They've evolved for millions of years to adapt to this horrible world and survive and kill! "

"I fear nothing." Lapis said pridefully, smiling at Peridot. "Unlike you."

"That's no-"

"There are spiders that hunt fish in Asia."

"What the FUCK! "