4. (Edited)

Polished/ Edited By Jack Kardiac

4.

Tate and I headed back to my house shortly after talking with Elena in the caravan. This was so frustrating! I didn't know how to feel about the whole werewolf situation, but I knew I was exceptionally frustrated that it was happening at this stage in my life.  I had everything going for me! Before this morning, at least...

We entered through the back door of my apartment. "Where's your room?" Tate asked.

"Why?"
He looked at me and shrugged. "So... I can help you pack? That's kind of why we're here..."

I sighed. "Down the hall, third door to your right." He nodded and sped off to my room without another word. I placed my key down on the kitchen counter and stared at a simple blue glass vase across from me. The white orchids inside it were still bright and vibrant.

I thought about how that was about to change, how I would no longer be around to care for them, and I felt my face flush with anger. Taking a deep breath, I snatched it up and threw it as hard as I could at the marble floor. It shattered instantly, cracking a tile or two in the process.

It made me feel better; I headed over to the plates and glasses and started throwing them on the ground as well, one after the other, hot tears streaming down my face.

"What on earth are you doing?!? Tasha! Look at me! Are you okay?"
Tate cautiously walked towards me with a distressed look on his face.

"Do I look okay to you?!?" I screamed. "I killed a man this morning and even though I keep trying to convince myself that it was self-defense, the guilt won't go away. Let's see... and after that I found out that I'm a freaking werewolf with an already designated mate that I didn't even get to choose or know about until today. So, no, Tate. I am not okay. And how dare y-"

I was cut off by Tate grabbing a hold of my neck and pulling me toward him. He quickly placed a kiss on my lips as his other hand made its way to my waist as I gave in to his lips on mine. It lasted for quite a while until we both pulled away.

I stepped back after the kiss and looked up at Tate to find him looking straight at me. With his eyes a glowing yellow colour. I felt that twitch in my eyes, knowing that mine were doing the exact same.

"I... um... I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have done that," Tate apologized.

"Why did you do that?" I shifted a bit and he let go of me.

"You wouldn't shut your mouth so I had to do it for you. Now come on, I packed most of your things, but you should go have a look and see if there's anything I missed. I'll put these bags in the car." I nodded and took a look in my room. He forgot my chargers. I grabbed them and headed out to the car.

I looked back at my apartment. I sighed. I had actuality worked hard to acquire it.  Well, here's to a new life Tasha Filtiarn, better get used to it.
After a while we headed back to the other 'wolves' and it was late, so Tate took me to a caravan at the other end of the small lake.

This was going to be the start of a whole new... well... whatever this was.