10. (unedited)

(Save Yourself-Kaleo)

A bloodbath.

Everything happened so, so quickly. I was bloody, hurt, angry, confused and I couldn't tell left from right until Xavier whistled and the vampires disappeared. I turned around and took in the scene in front of me. Everything was bloody, ripped apart and destroyed. I fell to my knees and soon everything went black.

I replayed everything in my state of unconsciousness. I had Xavier. I had him. I could have killed him. I should have killed him.

Those pasty scumbags killed most of our own, including Elena and Jenna. I don't know how it all happened. We were prepared and we fought. Fuck we fought with every fibre in our bodies. The vampires coupled with the witches were too strong for us to handle. At most we only got a quarter of them killed. At most.

My thoughts soon travelled back to when Jenna was just a little kid, when mom and dad first decided to adopt her and make her a part of the Filtiarn family. She used to do the silliest things. Jenna would always hide in her closet, but with her shoes. We had no idea why. When she was in the closet, she wouldn't come out until we played her favourite song. Pocket full of sunshine. She used to love that song.

I thought about my crazy high school and university days. I thought about how it would never be the same. I'm never going to go back to my day job, I'm never going to marry a man I chose and I'm never going to be normal again. I'm never going to know how it feels to be human again. Never.

I heard whispering and stirred a bit.

"I warned you Tate. This is all her fault." I heard an angry male voice.

"How the hell was she supposed to know they were going to that? Her battle strategies were flawless and you know it Jackson!" Tate spoke louder than Jackson. This made me open my eyes and turn my head to face them.

"Tate!" My voice cracked and I could feel how dry my throat was. Tate and Jackson snapped their heads at me before Tate rushed over to my side.

"Don't speak." He disappeared. He still thinks he can tell me what to do? After everything that happened? I looked over at Jackson, confused. Jackson stared in the direction Tate went before turning his attention to me.

"Now, listen here you bitch. This is all your fault. I lost my wife, my grandmother, my friends and brave soldiers. You have Tate wrapped around your little finger, but that is going to change. I suggest you take the easy way out. Leave. Leave our home and never return. Otherwise I will get you. I will hurt you, like you hurt me, like you hurt us. Got it? Now, nod and smile. Tate is on his way back." Jackson spat and threw a wide smile my way .What the hell?

I obliged. I nodded and smiled slightly, but as the corners of my mouth turned up I felt a sting and winced. The corners of my mouth were cut. How badly was I injured?

"Here's some water, drink it up before you try to speak." Tate handed me a glass of water. I wasted no time in drinking the water. Tate's voice was distant, cold.

"Thank you. Tate I am so, so sorry this happened. I had no idea this would happen to Elena and our friends and Jenna. Jenna." I started crying. My little sister was dead. She was gone.

"You couldn't have anticipated the exact outcome of the battle. I'm sorry about your sister." He said without any emotion. It was almost as if he were forced to say those words, as if he were trying to convince himself rather than me. I looked around me and realised I still have no idea where I am.

"Where are we?" I tried sitting up on the bed, but I failed.

"We are in the house my parents bought. It's a safe house. Get some sleep" Tate walked out of the room just like that.

A multitude of questions were running through my mind. I fell asleep in a matter of minutes, I was a wreck.