5. (Edited)

Polished/Edited by Jack Kardiac

5.

The sunset used to be my favorite thing in the world. Until today.

Today it marked the end of a terrible day, and according to Elena; tonight was going to be a full moon. Just great. Can my life get any worse?

Everyone else has gotten quite used to the routine of a full moon and they all have some form of a "restraining method" to keep them from getting out and terrorizing the city outside of the swamp.

Tate and I end up sharing a caravan since I don't have anyone else to bunk with. Him, being the cold-hearted gentleman that he is, offered to sleep on the sofa after my many protests.

"Okay, so tonight you will be locked up in the safe. It's for your own protection and for the sake of others." Tate led me through the caravan to a room that was much neater than I thought it would be. He walked over to the wooden wardrobe and started to move it to the left, revealing a massive safe built into the wall.

To be honest, the only thing I noticed while he was moving the wardrobe was his shirt that was riding up a bit, revealing a tribal tattoo on his side. This made me even more curious, but because we're kind of currently on 'awkward' terms, I decided I'd rather not ask.

"Wait, so you want me to sleep in that thing?!" I pointed at the safe.

"Look, when that little bit of Grey fluff clouding the moon disappears? You will not be sleeping. You will transform into a werewolf. You will feel the pain, the torture and the wild lust to run free and kill anything that's in your way. That is why you have to be in the safe. You've already killed a Vampire. What's next? A witch? I'm sorry, but I'm not taking that chance, love." Tate spoke with a cold expression plastered all over his chiseled features .

"Oh, well get away from me then, before I recklessly kill you too." I took the pillow from his bed and threw it inside the safe. His face softened .

"Tasha, I didn't mean it like-" he started to speak but I wouldn't have it.

"I said get away from me, Tate."

He sighed, headed out the door and closed it quietly behind him.

I felt an itch on my hand and l looked down to see small, white patches of fur sprouting up through my skin. Holy crap. It was really happening!

"Tate! Tate, hurry!" I tried to yell.

It was too late.

*Third person's point of view*

Tate rushed into his bedroom to see a wolf standing there, white as snow. His mate had transformed and she was the most beautiful wolf he had ever seen in his entire life.

That beauty, however, only lasted for a few seconds until she hunched down and charged at him. In that instant, his perfect white wolf disappeared as her revolting killer instinct rose to the surface.

"Tasha, listen to me. Find your anchor, try to control it." Tate spoke as he struggled against her, trying to push her into the safe. She was too strong.

Tate shifted into his pitch black wolf form and decided to fight Tasha on equal footing. The two battled for a few minutes, but Tasha wouldn't go for it even though Tate was clearly overpowering her.

Tate had had enough. He stepped back, and gave a dominating growl that shook the room around them. More than a few items fell down and shattered.

Tasha slowly shifted back into her human form. She was weak and about to hit the floor when Tate caught her, then he shifted back as well.

*Back to Tasha's Point of view*

I felt so weak I could barely stand on my own two legs. I was ready to hit the floor when Tate caught me in his strong arms. I started to cry. This was a terrible feeling, and I didn't want any of this.

"Shhh, I've got you. You're okay," Tate whispered to me as he held me close and softly played with the strands of my ivory hair.

"I... Tha-" I wanted to thank him but the words just did not want to come out of my mouth, it was as if my mouth had suddenly become a desert.

"It's okay, I know. But you have to get into the safe now, please. I'll be waiting here outside the safe the rest of the night until morning. I promise." Tate let go of me and sat with his arms crossed on the bed.

I walked over to the safe, holding the door with my left hand and turned back to face him. "Promise me you won't leave," I demanded.

"I promise."

With that I entered the safe and shut it behind me, hearing a ominous click on the other end as it locked.