8| Breathless

A/N: I'M BAAACK!
Roman's POV

"AND THEN I STEPPED on the glass and it felt like a million tiny shards stabbing into my feet," Valentina breathes out a sigh of relief, her hand movements animating the story wildly.

"Maybe because it was a million glass shards stabbing into your feet, " I point out, my shoulders set while I look up at the ceiling, distracting myself from what I really wanted to do– make sure Valentina was okay.

The EMT looks at me in wonder, her soft blue eyes winking in awe while ignoring Valentina's antics, "You are so brave, I don't know how you managed to carry her all the way here." She holds a paper towel to her eye, dabbing away at the lone tear that slipped out.

"I drove a car, I didn't just carry–"

She held her hand out, "Stop. Your bravery does not need an explanation."

I almost burst out laughing.

Valentina looks over at me, rolling her eyes at the dramatic exaggeration of the EMT. "Can we leave now?"

The EMT nods, motioning to the receptionist. "Just check in with Charlie and you guys can go," She looks over at me, winking, "Bye Roman!"

I smile at her, thanking her profusely before dragging Valentina out of the hospital.

"You feeling better?" my voice rings out against the silence. I look down at her, her thick brown hair waving in the breeze.

Her lips form a silent "oh," as she tilts her head towards the night sky. I look up, the cold air lifting my spirits.

The sky looks amazing.

A dark blanket dotted with silver stars, covering the expanse of our world. "Gorgeous, isn't it?" Valentina gasps out.

My lips part as I stare at her, "Yeah, gorgeous."

❉❉❉

"So," Valentina starts.

I tilt my head towards her, detailing her profile as she shifts slightly on the bed. We arrived home a while ago and I quickly checked on Rene, calling my parents to make sure they carried out his bedtime routine properly.

I helped Valentina up the stairs to the guest room, finally collapsing beside her on the bed.

"So what?" I inquire.

"How's Gianni? Have you heard from her?" Valentina asks.

My breathing accelerates, "I'm sure she's fine."

Valentina sits up on the bed, swiveling her body towards me. "So you mean you haven't been in touch with her all this time?"

I sit up angrily, facing her. Her hair is pulled up into a ponytail, wisps surrounding her head. "What I do or do not do with my wife does not concern you Valentina," I speak harshly, noting the look of regret on her face.

She tugs on a coil of her hair, "I'm so sorry, I just–"

I run a hand down my face, feeling more exhausted than I had before. "No, I am. I didn't me to lash out at you like that."

Nervously, Valentina reaches out and places a hand on mine. Blood rushes through my body, my face feeling red as I look into her eyes, my heart beating fast.

I've never felt anything so addicting as being in her presence, being with her.

She moves, closing in the space between us until we are hip to hip, thigh to thigh.

And I can't help myself.

I reach over, curing her head in my hands as I press my lips against hers, melting at the soft taste of her lips.

"Oh God," I groan, shifting my hands to her waist as she folds herself against me. My lips tug at hers, as I slip my tongue into her mouth. I bit her bottom lip, inciting a moan from her.

I push her against the bed, lost in the feel of her legs against mine. I break away, panting desperately as I remove my shirt. Valentina looks up at me through lidded eyes, "Do you want to do this?"

❉❉❉

A/N—TYSM for 11 followers and 498 reads! I'm so grateful, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Super short but I thought I should just update. I'm taking my SAT in May and I've been completely slacking on the studying aspect...so I'm hitting the books. However, I'll be posting a lot more frequently! YaYYYY!