Chapter 4: Second Chance At First Line

Percy POV

Once we came back home, it was 9:30 A.M. I am suppose to meet Erica at her house at 11. I quickly ran inside, up the stairs, and to the bathroom. I quickly took a short, hot shower, to wipe away all the grime and dirt from last night. I wrapped a towel around my waist, brushed my teeth, and ran back to my room. Scott and Stiles raised their eyebrows at my rushness, when I pass them by the hallway, but I just ignored them. I used my powers to heat up my body, and dissolve all the water on my body, causing steam to rise. I quickly put on boxers, slim ripped jeans, a random shirt that I found on the ground, my jean jacket, and a pair of converse. I then sprayed on some cologne. I quickly grabbed my phone, my backpack, and my skateboard. I made sure I had everything, before I left my room, and out of the house.

"Bye Scott! Bye Tia! I'll be back soon! ", I shouted in the air.

I shut the door behind and hopped on my board. I was off like a bullet. I followed the directions on my phone, to Erica' s house. I swirved around morning joggers with their dogs, earning myself some curse words and angry barking. I finally came to my destination. I stopped at the front of the house, pocketing my phone, and popping the board up to my hands. The house is avergae size. A very nice house and it looks pretty cozy. I walked up to the front door and knocked on the door. I could hear shuffling and someone muttering under their breath.

Suddenly, the door was opened by a lady, that was in her mid 30's. She has medium length blonde and brown curly hair, that was pulled into a high ponytail. She has a slight tan, skinny figure, 6'0, a heart shape face, and light brown eyes, unlike Erica' s honey brown eyes. She is wearing a black business pants, a white button down shirt, with black heels, and glasses. She gave me a tired smile.

"Yes, can I help you?", she asked me politely.

"Hello Mrs. Reyes. I'm Percy Jackson. I'm a friend of your daughter, Erica", I told her, giving her a kind smile, gripping on the strap of my backpack and my board, feeling abit nervous.

Surprise and shock was evident in her eyes and facial expression.

"You're a friend of Erica? Erica Reyes?"

"Um, yes ma'am. Is Erica here? We're working on a project together for chemistry", I asked her, as my ADHD started to kick in, as I drummed my fingers on my board.

Happiness replaced her surprise look.

"Yes, she's in her room. I'll go get her. Come on in", she told me, grabbing my arm, as she literally dragged me inside, closing the door behind us.

We stopped at the base of the stairs, as Mrs. Reyes called for Erica.

"Erica, sweetie, you have a visitor!"

With my enhanced hearing, I could hear her light footsteps and her mumbling to herself in confusion on who's the visitor.

She finally showed up and frozed at the top of the stairs, surprise written all over her face. Her honey brown eyes widen and her mouth parted open.

"Percy?", she whispered, as she can't believe I was here, in her house.

I gave her my lopsided smile and a small wave.

"Hey Erica. Sorry I'm a bit late. Still up to work with me with the project?"

She was in grey sweat pants, a baggy black Stars Wars shirt, with pink slippers. Her hair was in a messy bun, a few strands of hair hanging out. I could hear her heart beat like crazy and a tint of pink in her cheeks. She slowly came down the stairs and stood a few feet away from us. Mrs. Reyes smiled at her daughter.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. Have fun", Mrs Reyes told us, as she left us alone.

Erica looked at me in happiness.