Running Towards, Running Away - Part 1

I was in Hell, again. I couldn't skip it.

The supervisor had caught me for the first time. When I was creeping out the school side door, a woman with thick glasses yelled at me.

"Young Lady, head to class this instant, or else after school detention for you!"

I could almost feel her disgusting spit on my face when she spoke. So, being the good child I am, I headed to the change room with my bangs covering my eyes.

Over the year, they had grown long, enough to cover my eyes whenever I needed to. They were like my physical mask.

When I arrived at the change room, a strong wash of perfume almost burned my nose.

The girls at my school try so hard to disguise who they are, a bunch of fake sluts.

Taking my time, I slowly start to strip off my cloth and replace them with the ugly school gym uniform.

Just when I was about the tie my shoes, I heard faint giggles in the distance. The laughter soon got closer until I realized that a group of girls had entered the change room.

They were from my class, their makeup so heavy they looked like clowns.

With the same cloth that I had, they somehow made it more revealing with a few stitches here and there.

Just like my body.

Immediately, I lowered my head and my fingers began to shake violently.

Ignore them... ignore them... just get the fuck out of my sight.

This had already become a normal part of my day for a few years now, but it wasn't even the worst part.

I didn't want to listen to them, but they were stuck in my head anyways.

Stupid, gross, fat, whore, freak... the list can go on forever.

The girls were still there, they didn't seem to notice me.

I sigh in relief.

Quickly, I got up, stuffed my things in my locker and put my usual sweater on.

I couldn't hide the cut on my legs, because I haven't thought I could have been caught, or of course I would have brought pants.

As silent as I can, I tiptoed out the change room.

Just before a was out the door, I heard snickers from behind me.

They noticed me, I thought in disappointment.

There was nothing I could do.

___

The Hell that I had mentioned before was, well... gym class.

I walked in and paced around the corner, searching for the teacher.

I was hoping people wouldn't notice, because everyone knows I skip this class, but there were many gasps and turned head the moment I was in sight.

Whispers filled the big rooms and movements seem to stop.

They were talking about me, I just know.
I wanted to run away.

I glanced up. My gray eyes found her blue ones. Well, shit, she's still here.

I thought she was dead.

This was exactly like it was before. I remember clearly like and it'll be the last thing I remember until I die...

"Hurry up! Are you crippled or something?"
"Get your ass to the goal!"
"How hard is it to pass a ball!?"
"Seriously, just don't come to gym class and that'll make everyone happy."

So I don't come. First not for a few classes, then weeks, and after I figured out how to skip all together.

The teacher warned me a couple of times, but after that, they just give up.

I've been skipping gym class for two years now.

The grade on my report card is always around 10%, maybe a 20% if the teacher was in a good mood.

I really can't blame them.

You can't grade someone who doesn't even show up.

My parents didn't care anyways.

They didn't see the 90s that I had in other subjects, they can only see the negatives. I experienced hour long lectures at first, but after...

Well, like most people, they give up on me.

*

"Hey! What the hell are you doing here?" I turned my head to see the gym teacher.

He was a nice guy, but he didn't seem so nice now.

"Excuse me, but could you mark me absent, sir. I have to go soon." I was too lazy to come up with an excuse. I just wanted to get out of here and finally escape the stares.

"Yeah, yeah, go! I don't want to deal with you. Just get out of my sight." He waved his hands, as if he was shooing me away.

Laughter generated throughout the gym.

They were laughing at me.

I felt salty tears slip down my cheeks, and I bit my lips to try to stop them.

I should have realized it earlier. I was so desperate.

I wanted to believe in them, that they might have a chance of accepting me.

Now I know better. They will be what they are and things would never change around here.

I ran out the doors, pushing over people who were in my way.

There were no where to run for me.

To other people, suicide would seem like the best choice. I didn't want to die.

I wanted to live.

I tried, and tried to stay in school and live a normal life like a normal girl. I ignored the fact that I wanted pain and revenge on everyone.

I'm not making sense even to myself.

I don't know the ending to this story, because I am paralyzed by my thought.

They were going crazy.

*

I saw a dark little house in front of me.

I didn't know where I was.

I wanted to be in that little house and stay there forever.

Inside, it was damp, and cold.

There were furniture lying around with white cloth over them. I climb the stairs that led to a bedroom.

I was so tired, perhaps from running so much.

I collapse on bed clean bed and found the soft mattress as comforting.

It was like water that cleaned away all of my torture.

"Maybe I'll just take a nap..." I hummed to myself. So I did, I took a nap, drifting away from reality.

I took a nap, and I never woke up from it.

♡♡♡
Please Vote, Comment & Share

Note
Please understand that this story is not meant to offend anyone, with or without makeup, or physical appearance. It is simply something I wanted to write about.
Thanks.