Running Towards, Running Away - Part 2

I was in Heaven, and I didn't want a moment to be wasted.

The cheers, so loud and pure, filled every organ and every inch of my body.

I felt famous, like people actually noticed me. They didn't judge me for my look.

I've worked so hard for this moment, training every single day, wanting that perfect body.

And here I am. First place in the race.

I was so happy, and I see my parents at the side, waving their hands desperately at me.

I see my coach, and he grinned at me, his smile filled with pride.

I see my friend... my friend? I didn't have any.

Except for her.

But she would never come to a social event like this, it freaked her out.

None of that matters now.

I stepped off the stand, carrying my medal around my neck as I stride with confidence across the track I had just ran on.

It felt so good, with the cheers, shouting my name behind me, and the sun beaming down like I was the most important person in the world.

I used to be no one.

We used to be no one.

Everyone had their own life, and there was no attention paid on me or her.

Until I realized something... that she was the one dragging me down.

She was the one drawing all the negative impressions, she was the one who was ugly, worthless, and all those names that can perfectly describe her.

I knew I could be something, if only I got rid of her.

I stopped texting her, ignored her in the hallways and even started to join in the gossip behind her back, but I did it in front of her back.

*

"Hey! Tell me what's wrong. Why have you stopped talking to me?" She was following me at lunch, and there was people staring, but it wasn't a good type of staring. They were whispering, rolling their eyes and cringing their face in disgust.

"What happened? Is it something I've done?" I'm sure they were grossed out by her, not me. I closed my eyes with annoyance

"Shut up! You are such a bother." I twisted back so fast she almost ran into me. "Yes, it was something you did. God, I never wanted to be your friend. Ever. It was only because I felt sympathy for your pathetic life. You know what? They are right; you are just a stupid bitch, nothing more. I don't even know what I was thinking, maybe I wasn't, when I made friends with you."

I raised my hands and motioned quotation with my fingers to exaggerate my point.

"Please, can you just disappear from this place, so that everyone can be happy? That would seriously be a great help, and I'm certain everyone here feels the same way."

I met her eyes and saw tears forming, but she was trying so damn hard to hold them back, it was almost funny.

I smirked.

"One more point; don't you dare approach me again. It's embarrassing." With that, I turned my back, flipping my hair along the way.

The whispers increased, and I smile on the inside on what a great job I did to destroy her.

But when I looked around, people withdraw from me, and their eyes filled with... terror? Anger?

I didn't understand, isn't that what they wanted to see? Shouldn't I have more friends now, since that burden is gone? What have I done to deserve this? What have I done?

___

That day in my first gym class in months, was the day I was awoken.

Her eyes met my blue one and the regret hit me like lightning.

They were laughing at her, and I could do nothing but stand as still as a statue.

When she ran out, I felt so guilty I was melting from it.

I didn't wait for the teacher to excuse me, I ran after her.

There was no way she could have escaped from me, I was faster, but when I followed her outside the school, she has disappeared.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw that little house, and she was going in. I ran towards her, but the distance never seems to decrease.

I'm sorry.

I kept on running, but my legs were giving out.

I'm sorry.

There were words I wanted to say, and things I wanted to do.

We could have spent so much time together, as best friends. We could have defended the bullies together, as sisters.

But I left you, thought you were the one that caused all this. Without you, they still came, but in a different way.

It was never your fault, but I blamed you.

I'm so, so sorry.

I couldn't image the things you had to go through by yourself.

Did you want to die?

No, you were stronger than that, but the world wanted to drag you to Hell, and eat you alive.

Are you dead now? Perhaps that was the only end.

I'm sorry. Can't you hear me? Oh, wait...

.
.
.

You are dead now.

♡♡♡
Please Vote, Comment & Share

Note
Done, part 2. It was really short, and not descriptive at all, but it was a sad and chilling story about two friends, bully, and death.