Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 6 - Ditching Class

TORI's POV

Zach's move to make me jealous was a humongous fail.

Well, you'll never make me jealous, Zachary. I said, grinning to myself.

As I walked through the halls, I couldn't help but feel a bit hunted since people kept on looking my way, just as Zach had predicted. I wasn't really that surprised. Though thankfully, no one tried to do anything more than just stare and whisper.

Yesterday was a hell of a day. Chloe and Nathan had kept calling all night, but I've decided not to answer because I wasn't sure I could talk to them without blowing my cover. They knew me too well.

I was headed for my locker to get my things when my phone dinged. Nathan had sent me a message.

Let's talk. Lunch time. Courtyard. Don't think of not showing up, I'll wait for you till you come. I'M SERIOUS!

I could tell from the tone of his message that he wouldn't take no for an answer. I sighed. At least I had a few hours to come up with a plausible enough reason to convince him that I had fallen for Zach which was hard because there was nothing to love in that self-centered jerk.

* * * * * * *

Nathan.

I would have to convince the person I was in love with, the one I've wanted to confess my feelings to for ages, that I was in love with someone else. I've always waited for the day that I'd find the courage to confess my feelings to him. I've tried to tell him before but decided to just forget about it since he wouldn't reciprocate the feelings I had for him. I knew he liked Chloe, and I didn't want to risk our friendship with some false hope that someday he'd see me as more than a friend.

Now it was definitely too late.

The thought of my upcoming conversation with Nathan worried me throughout my morning classes, so much so that I didn't really pay attention to anything other than the time ticking down toward 12:00.

When I got to the courtyard, he was already there.

"You're early," I said by way of greeting, offering him a smile.

"You decided to show up. I thought you wouldn't come."

"Never," I told him. The thought of standing him up for anything was ridiculous. He smiled. The smile made my heart skip a beat, but I told myself to get a grip.

"Now care to explain everything? And I mean everything." He gave me one of his firm looks.

For a second there, I was lost. I didn't know how to put it. I didn't know how to start. How was I going to lie in front of a guy I've liked for years and professing my likeness to another guy? This was insane! But I'd to focus, I should think of Chloe, her happiness. I took a deep breath and prepared to lie through my teeth. "I know it was sudden, but I've liked Zach as long as I remember. He's a really nice guy, once you get to know him."

Nathan was understandably incredulous. "As far as I remember, you hated him so much. You expect me to believe you really like him?"

"I like him, Nathan. In fact, I couldn't stop thinking about him. He is a nice guy once you get to know him." What a bunch of lies. Of course, he wasn't nice! I couldn't think of any good qualities about him.

"You're joking, right? Nice guy? He's toying with you, Tori! Everyone knows that Zach's a player. He's just trying to get you into—"

I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. I knew what he was going to say, and might totally agree with him, but that was not the point. "Zach may have a bad rep, but inside he is really sweet, just misunderstood," I said. "He even picked me up today to drive me to school."