Chapter 11

Alfred wasn't sure what hurt worst; his body or his pride. Right now it felt like both. He was so stupid, letting jealousy and hate control him, and now his situation was worse.

The boy sighed, shifting around on the pile of pillows to find a position that was more comfortable for his sore body, but that was proving to be difficult. His eyes darted to the sliding paper door as it opened, Gilbert standing there with a frown on his face.

"What have you done?"

Alfred just stared at him for a moment, confused by what he meant. "Where's Arthur?"

"Thanks to you, Arthur and the rest of the crew have been sent down to the jail. I can only imagine what Yao has in plan for them." The man told him, stepping further into the room and letting the door shut. "Torture, abuse, probably even death."

"Yao promised that he could leave with out any problems!" The boy cried out, wincing as he sat up in his spot. "You have to get them out of there."

Gilbert scoffed. "And risk my own life? You made your bed, now lay in it. You don't think this is the first time he has done something like this." The man lowered his voice, afraid of someone hearing and telling the lord. "Everyone else is too brainwashed, but not me. I'm too awesome to let someone else control me."

"So what do we do now?" The boy asked.  "If someone even catches me outside of this room, I'll get in trouble."

The white haired man frowned, rubbing his chin as he thought for a long moment. "The only people that are allowed into the jail are Ludwig and Feli. Obviously Yao doesn't trust how close I got to Arthur."

He ignored that slight glare he got from Alfred and continued on.

"Feli is so incredibly easy to manipulate and rather careless at times, though, that he might be our only best hope."

"Do you really think that's smart? What about Ludwig? Couldn't he just, I don't know, smash the thing down?"

Gilbert shook his head. "My brother is too loyal, which I don't understand. He wouldn't go against Yao unless me or Feli was involved. This is really our only plan."

Alfred frowned. "And what exactly is the plan?"

"Don't worry about it. I will figure it out by tonight. You're not the only one who wants to save Arthur." He added blandly.

"I just don't want him in jail." The boy protested lamely.

Turning towards the door, Gilbert just stopped and shook his head. "Don't kid yourself. I'll return later tonight after Yao goes to bed." He told the boy before he left, letting the paper door slide shut. The quiet followed and stung, hitting the boy hard. All he could do was wait now and hope Gilbert could actually pull this off.

------

Arthur tried to move around to get into a more comfortable position. It seemed like everywhere he went, everyone like to tie him up in the most uncomfortable way. Would it kill someone to loosen the ropes or not use metal chains.  At least with these ones, he could move his hands and feet at some length,but not much that was comfortable. Sighing, he leaned back against the damp wall, eyes focused up at the bleak ceiling.

This was all Alfred's fault. He didn't want to stay with him, instead he would rather leave and have a luxurious life here with Yao. If that was what he had wanted so bad, he should have just said something!

The Brit kicked away a loose stone in anger, strings of curses and insults falling from his lips, wishing that everything would just crumble and leave Alfred miserable. He hoped that he would be mistreated and abused, maybe even die.