He knows how to get what he wants

Rikkard Ambrose tries his best not to give into bouts of lust and passion, but sometimes the situation(and Lilly) get the better of his commendable self control. He can be quite controlling and possessive, so any time when Lilly makes a move or is courted by a legitimate suitor(like Captain Carter) he feels the need to stake his claim by engaging in osculation and more with her. 

In the rare cases where he gives into his primal instincts, he uses his considerable tact and his agile mind to manipulate situation into one advantageous for him. Examples of this include; when he baits Lilly into getting angry and kissing him in ITEOTS; scenes in SIG where he displays how he can 'play' the game as well she can; growling and possessive behavior when Lilly starts to shed clothes in the heat of the jungle; unintentionally(or intentionally) encouraging her to continue her slow stripping in the jungle by growling, walking behind her, and clearly displaying signs of intense attraction and lust.

A man that gives into primal instincts once in a while and also knows how to get what he wants is attractive because it shows a level of Alpha control that can be alluring. Mr Ambrose(when he gives into lust) becomes extremely seductive and just as sexually intoxicated as Lilly is. The fact that he sometimes loses control just like all of us do humanises him to the readers, as well as gives us one more reason to be attracted to him.