5. I love you on top

I powered through, making it to my floor as fast as I could. Fortunately I had plenty of motivation in the form of a hulking, raging bull who was following closely behind, taking the stairs two or three at a time as though they were nothing.

"Stop.

Lily, stop.

Tell me. Who. Is. Sam?"

I caught him off guard as I swung myself around to face him, jabbing my key into his chest.

"Look, you, I don't know who you are, what you want, or how you know my name, but Sam is just beyond this door and he will kick your a*s if you don't leave!"

I raised my nose in the air and puffed out my chest to make myself as intimidating as possible.

"Look, that idiot who had all your attention at the coffee shop said your name countless times -I'm not a stalker. I mean, despite the current predicament suggesting otherwise...".

He looked slightly sheepish and rubbed the back of his neck, as though just realising how following me home may look.

"I –I just, needed to be near you. I'm sorry for scaring you."

He sighed and then almost instantly his face changed to one filled with pain and anger.

I guess he just realised what I said about...

"Who is Sam?"

I shook myself out of the little trance I had been completely lost in. My name pouring from his lips had sounded like silken honey, had caressed every part of my body in warmth. His apologies and seemingly genuine nature making me forget he was a stranger who I met only a few hours ago. I blinked and turned to my door, ready to put this conversation to bed, despite the obvious attraction I felt for him.

"Sam's my husband. My Navy SEAL husband. He's just back from sea and is waiting in bed for me to join him. I'm not sure he'll be too happy with some punk trying to take me away from him. In fact, if I were you I'd run before he comes out here an-"

*whimper*

A soft whine flowed through my closed front door.

*sniff, sniff, sniff*

Persistent sniffing followed, accompanied by soft thuds near the base of the door.

*whiiiiine*

A high pitch whine broke out from the same source.

I sighed. He would choose this exact moment to notice.

I pinched my nose as I put the key in the door. Glancing sideways I was met with a large grin and eyes twinkling with amusement.

Bending down, I shoved the door open at the same time. A flash of black fur shot towards me and bounced onto my folded knees.

Sharp yelps echoed through the hallway, accompanied by stifled laughter. I picked up my small bundle of fluff and glared at the man struggling to keep composure.

"Oh for goodness sake, out with it. You're going to start an earthquake the way your shoulders are shaking.

Come on, Sammy. Let's go to bed."