[Prologue]

A/N - Okay, so this is basic run out of exposition and how our new OC here got to where she is so that I can write about things easier.  It's always easier to write when the backstory is played out and you can refer to it when needed. XD Anyways, I hope you like our new OC in this story, and that you enjoy the beginning of "The Captain and Manager" !!

ENJOY~!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 1st, April Fools Day. It was today, that she was born. Lydia Alistar, or known to everyone simply as 'Neku'. She was born a strong, 6 lbs, 7 oz. Despite her large body at birth, throughout her life, she has always been fairly small. A small patch of black hair rested on her newborn head, and after a few hours of her birth, her skin started to show it's fine, pale complexion.

She was a good baby. Sh never fused often, and seemed to be a remarkably quickly learner. Soon, more and more time seemed to pass, and soon she began crawling, then walking, and soon enough, even running. Se began to speak, learning the ways of her vocal cords. Her hair grew longer with age, and her eyes were a shining grey. Her complexion as pale as ever.

Neku is 4 now, and she and her father are constantly play all sorts of different kiddy sports. She as an active girl, always playing in the dirt and grass, happy to kick or throw a ball of some kind. Her father asked her one night if she was interested in playing a sport with other children like her. He had never seen his little girl smile so brightly in response before. She didn't care what it was, whether it be pee-wee soccer of everyday youth tee-ball, she'd be happy with anything.

Now, Neku is 6 and in the second grade. She still plays sports, but her mother always makes sure that before she plays, she gets all her work done. Everyday, Neku would come home, her short skirt fluttering at her ankles as her shirt was ruffled at the shoulder from the weight of her backpack. She would have the brightest smile on her small, innocent face, as she ran to her mother's side, and slipped off her bag. She would pull on her mother's apron as she was fixing Neku's after school snack, and show her all the fun things she did.

She'd show her mother all her pictures she drew, the math test she score a 10/10 on, a paper with her large, hardly readable, handwriting, and all while telling such lovely stories about each piece of paper. She especially loved talking about her recess, or her PE class. She said she had a lot of friends who like how good she is at things, and that they play a lot. She mentioned that boys really like playing with her too, even though she's a girl. Of course, that's when her father would always remind her to be very wary of boys. She would always giggle to him and nod her little head before eating, playing, and going to bed for the rest of the evening, only to wake up and have the same routine with a new story each day.

Neku just started middle school in Kyoto. She's grown up quite a bit, but she never let all of her innocent personality leave. She was still kind to everyone, and still loved sports more than anything. She had always been so confident in her sports, so lively and full of energy, so she never expected to be nervous right now. She was fidgeting nervously as she waited with a group of girls, all waiting. Neku had finally decided to try out for the girls basketball team. The team was happy to see so many turn up to try outs and they were also more than pleased to see Neku among them. She was still very nervous, thinking that maybe she wasn't as good as she had wished and that she wouldn't make it.

However, the next day, when the results were posted, Neku's name was at the top of the list that had made it. She was to play free thrower as well as an active offender, wearing the number 15 on her back. Her new team, as well as all the other girls who tried out were happy. They knew, even if they didn't make the team, was confident that she would make the basketball team that much stronger.