Prologue

Hello there and welcome to book 2 in the Clan of the Rim Chronicles, Iron Knight. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK 1, TURN BACK. To understand this book you'll have to read the first one as this is not a stand alone book. Below is my copyright notice, so please follow it. If not, and you steal any form of my work, I will hunt you down and destroy you. Thanks lovelies, and enjoy!

Before you read, please take notice to these rules: This story is strictly under copyright, and may not under any circumstances be copied or changed. Any stolen work of mine will be tracked down and reported immediately. This story is not to be translated or posted onto any club threads or websites, including things such as books promoting other stories without my permission. Thank you. ©copyright 2018 K.N. Campbell (Katelyn Noel Campbell)

 Campbell (Katelyn Noel Campbell)

CALDER'S POV

THE METAL CHAMBER DOOR opened with a clang that let in the fire light from the corridor. I kept my head down without giving whoever was there any notion.

"Calder, Calder," my mother mocked me as she entered, coming up to place her hand on my cheek. With what little strength I had I jerked my head away from her.

"Do not touch me," I spat, refusing to look up. "You've done quite enough already."

"Have I, Calder?" she wondered. She reached out and pushed her hand against one of the many wounds on my bare chest, making more blood seep from it.

I cried out in pain, writhing in the iron chains I hung from on the wall.

"Have I made you suffer?" she asked.

"You can torture me all you wish," I retorted. "I won't let you hurt her."

Sylvi laughed, "As if you could stop me. You can barely lift your head up let alone defend yourself. How else could you protect her? Those iron chains are made just potent enough to keep your powers away without killing you. When Eerika comes for you, you will be able to do nothing but watch her fall once and for all. And then I'll kill you. It'll be the perfect end to your love story."

"She won't come for me."

"Won't she? The way I see it, if she truly wants you back she'll serve herself on a platter to me. All I have to do is wait it out just a little longer. In the meantime it gives us plenty of catching up on what I should have been doing to you these past seven years. You may be hard to kill," she paused, taking her silver slip and deeply slicing it down my stomach.

"But you're very easy to cut."

I clenched my teeth against the pain and raised my head to look at her. "I'm going to find a way out of here. And when I do you're the first one who's blood is going to spill."

Sylvi laughed once more, raising her hand to conjure iron plates up my back. Another scream of pain left my mouth, my skin burning as if it had burst into flames.

"You will never see the outside of this prison again. You will die here with the body of your princess at your feet."

Consciousness began to slip away from me as she sauntered to the door and left. I could've swore I saw the figure of a man leaning against the frame and watching me before the darkness consumed.

A/N: The picture of Calder above is the same model I used in the first book, he just looks different from the angle :) his name is Ryan Kennedy, who models for clothing lines and stuff

A/N: The picture of Calder above is the same model I used in the first book, he just looks different from the angle :) his name is Ryan Kennedy, who models for clothing lines and stuff. He's not the Ryan Kennedy actor from that CW channel show that was on a long time ago. He's the YOUNGER Ryan though. The Ryan of 2018 is kind of too old for Calder's age lol, meaning his face has aged (sorry Ryan!) So that's all. Just in case you wanted to know the backstory to this hot dude ;)