24

"SHOULD WE TAKE THIS information to the Clan? Do you think they could tell us anything?" I asked.

"I don't think that is a good course of action," Calder replied, "None of the older staff knew of this affair, not even your family, and I don't believe Eeira did either. This can't be something that gets out now."

"But they might be able to help us figure out where Sverdet is, can't we try? I am the queen now, so even if they were to try to force me not to go in search of her, they ultimately can't. Hell, they wouldn't have the leverage even if I was still Princess, I mean you and I did go on a journey against their wishes once already."

"Calder is right on this one, Eerika," Thorne piped up, "The Clan wasn't even formed until after all of the hybrid race had been wiped out. They would be just as clueless as we are, and probably too skeptical to even believe this. Actually I'm kind of iffy on it, myself."

"But what if this our answer?" I pondered, "What if all along this was what we needed to defeat Sylvi? Her name means the sword. The same as the iron sword. She has full iron powers, this can't all be a coincidence!"

"Coincidence or not, we don't know if she is still alive or where in the human world she would be residing," Calder pointed out. "Let us figure that out first, then we can decide on if the Clan should be involved."

"How are we going to do that?"

"Well, a vision might help," Thorne suggested, causing a small flush of irritation in me.

"I can't just magically pull one out of my ass, Thorne, they come to my brain without my control."

"Now that we've found something, let's just shelf it for now and get some rest," Calder said. "We'll hold onto this document to use for later reference. Even if we could do something now, our heads aren't on clear enough."

"I can agree with that," Thorne replied, getting up from his chair. "I'm going to sleep this time. Don't come get me unless someone's about to die."

As he left the room I turned to Calder, gazing over his face that now seemed more pale than it ever had. The cracks of his lips were still stained with his blood, making my worry overflow. He looked so weak and tired, and I wished I could help him but I was out of ideas on how.

"You should go see the healer," I told him, gently grasping his hand.

He paused to look down at our locked fingers, running his thumb along my skin. "I'm alright," he assured. "I just need to rest."

"Okay," I nodded, standing and placing my hands on his chest. "I'll come find you later."

"Who said I wanted to sleep without you next to me?" he smirked, placing his hands on my hips and bringing me closer to him.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Alright, Mister. Don't be cheeky. You just threw up blood. You're going to sleep for a few hours and then go let the healer check you out."

Calder nodded, his smirk still prominent. "Yes, My Queen."

Placing his red-stained lips agaisnt mine he gave me a soft, slow kiss that quickly turned to one of fire. I gasped into him from surprise and flung my arms around his neck to keep myself steady. His hands roamed around from my waist to my back, sliding slowly all the way down to my bottom which he had never done before. I was about to break away and ask him what he thought he was doing before a voice interrupted us.