Ch. 6

please note: this chapter may be triggering. it contains descriptive violence and very descriptive car accident

He was an indestructible force, moving through the hospital like a bulldozer: crashing and moving everything in his path. No one dared to stop him, especially not after seeing the look of pure rage on his face as he staggered through the halls. He peeked into every room, his eyes narrowing for the one he wanted. Three floors cleared and peeked into until he finally found the room. The figure was asleep, their leg slightly elevated while their head was turned slightly to the side with an agape mouth. Anyone else would have thought that the sleeping person looked so calm and pleased, but not him. Why, the sight just made him angrier.

"You little faggot!" Terry roared, storming towards his son's bed with an expression of pure death. He hadn't seen him for awhile, but he was right when he said he would kill Mickey if he ever saw him again. The feeling that surged through his body was pure bliss and the only way to fully reach it was to hurt the boy.

Terry wrapped his fingers around Mickey's throat, instantly tightening his grip until he was certain that Mickey wasn't able to breathe at all. The younger boy thrashed to an awakening, his eyes filling with fear as soon as he realized what was happening. His father, the most terrifying person he's ever seen, was two inches away from his face.

The first punch was to the side of the head. It made Mickey's vision blur for a few moments before he felt the second one collide with his forehead. He reached his hands for his father's chest, attempting to push him off but there was only so much he could do in his state.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance!"  Terry screamed, spit splattering all over Mickey's face with the stench of cigarettes and beer filling the younger boy's nostrils. He vibrated with anger as another fist collided with Mickey's face.

"Oh, shit!" Mandy's voice echoed faintly in Mickey's mind but the slightly blurred vision of his showed her running towards them and he just wanted to tell her to back off - she didn't need to get hurt because of him. He was a grown adult, capable of handling his own problems.

"Leave him alone, Dad!" Mandy tugged on Terry's arm, struggling to pull him away from her brother before the stinging of his touch began to resonate through her body. He had connected his fist with the side of her head, shoving her backwards until she stumbled over her own feet. Mandy looked up at the bed, her head spinning until she climbed back onto her feet and jumped onto Terry's back. Her arms wrapped around his neck and yanked backwards, attempting to pull him away. He momentarily lost his balance, releasing the younger boy before his fingers curled around his daughter's arms and pulled her off roughly. Her body collided with the floor, causing her to grimace in pain as he went back to his faggot son. He curled his fingers around the boy's neck, his free hand pinning down the hand that attempted to reach out to stop him. Terry's eyes caught onto the I.V. drip and his immediate action was to rip it out, watching his son's eyes well up with tears and begin to shake at the light-headedness that attacked him with both the streaming blood and the strangulation.

Mickey couldn't feel anything. His father was beating him, that's for sure, and his arm was steadily bleeding but he couldn't feel it. He felt trapped; his mind stuck in another dimension as he watched all of the abuse take place. When the security had finally managed to drag Terry out of the room and place hum under arrest, then Mickey began to feel it all. His head ached like a firetruck had hit him, his face throbbed with every heartbeat, his throat was screaming and felt like it was collapsing, but he ignored all those pains for the biggest one: the bleeding. His arm throbbed, blood spooling around him at a steady pace with every heartbeat as a nurse fumbled to put pressure on it as quickly as possible. He felt sick, remembering all the times he's made someone bleed and all the times someone made him bleed. But nothing could prepare him for the pain of this bleed because it wasn't just physical. It was mental.