Chapter 16 : After Today

Dipper's POV

I don't know what's right. Be honest? Or just keep it for.....ever? Then live in regrets. Avernus told me to keep on living, but I can't even said that word! I'm going to ask her for a dance and that's all! Pines's mansion are going to throw a party or a ballroom just like a dancing party stuff. They're going to celebrate Mabel who got A's straight in all subject on the last exam. 8 A's, 1 A minus, and 1 B plus.

My results? Don't make me laugh. I did go to school but I don't even pay any attention in it. No one ever know about it. I've got a lot of stuff to hide from people.

The night

"Bro-bro, I've invited Pacifica and of course my dearest Gideon! But she asked me, why didn't you ask her yourself?" I shut myself. I saw that Mabel was showing her confused face.

"Just get ready with the night." I told her before turning my back and head towards the dance hall.

21:00

No One's POV

"You've been invited here as to celebrate my little sister's results and she's going for college next month. I'll let Mabel says the rest." Dipper ended his words and let Mabel gave her speech.

"Thank you, my dearest brother. As you know, I got a surprisingly good results on the last exam and I'll be attending a college next month. As thanks for my teachers, friends and my brother, Dipper, for supporting me from the beginning until the end. I don't want to extend this speech for too long. So, let's have a party!" Mabel raised her hands and the music starts make everyone jump and dancing.

Dipper was looking​ at Mabel's happy face. He took a seat and start to read a book until someone touched his shoulder. He turn around and saw Gideon.

"She's sure happy." Was what he said while taking his seat next to Dipper.

"She does."

"Just one question. What did you do to Pacifica? She seemed to lost her mood like days after you kissed her." Gideon said with his serious tone of voice.

"How did you know that I kissed her?" Dipper took a sip on his drink. Emotionless as usual.

"I don't know how. It just like..... The scenes flashing through my brains and mess up with my memories." Dipper was put away his drink.

"Corrupted timelines." He said while closing his eyes.

"What?" Gideon wasn't sure of what he heard.

"You should express your feelings towards Mabel like now before she goes to college." Was all Dipper said before walked away from Gideon.

He walked outside of the mansion and to the garden. (No peacocks)

Dipper saw a girl with a gloomy face. She was staring at the night sky. She looked sad.

Dipper just stood there while sighing. He took a deep breath and then start to sing. (After few hours arguing about this with him, he accept it!)

'I am nothing without love.
I'm but a ship stuck in a sand.
Some would say that I'm all alone,
But I am nothing without love.'

Dipper walked towards her side and was smiling. Pacifica was like ignoring him by looking away.

'I wanna hold her in my arms,
But she feeling low she feeling sad.
I would take credits for what's wrong,
But I am nothing without love.'

Playfully, Dipper was dancing in front of her. At first, she just ignored him but then she started to hold her giggles and smiles.

'3 years at sea after the storm,
On this sinking ship that love had put me on.
God I wish a gust of wind would come and carry me home,
But I got nowhere to go.

Now here you show up with the force of wave,
And so I'm setting my sail, I'm headed for the Empire State.
Hey hey, God I don't want to lose this one, she make me feel whole,
You know, I am nothing without love.'

He took her hands and they start to dance together. At last, she was able to smile in front of him.

'Oh baby show me a sign.
Send up a signal, that everything's fine.
Come on slide up right here by my side.
You know that I want to rest in your light.'

"Nanana hey nanana eh oh,
Nanana hey nanana eh oh,
Nanana hey nanana eh oh." Pacifica playfully plays drum on the air.

'I am nothing without love.
I'm just these thoughts​ without a pen.
And I would take credit for this song,
Buy I am nothing without love.'

They both singing together.

"'Oh baby show me a sign.
Send up a signal, that everything's fine.
Oh just come on, come on, come on, slide up right here by my side!
Don't you know that I! Don't you know that I!

I want to rest in your light.
I want to rest in your light.'"

'Cuz' I am nothing without love'

Dipper ended the song by kissing her on the forehead. They both were hugging like hours before the night ends.

Gideon, somehow, saw everything. He wasn't sure if he was happy for his cousin or nervous to tell Mabel the truth. Well, that's our Reverse Gideon.

He wasn't sure if Mabel would accept him or like him just like before.

Next chapter ; Mabel and Gideon!

Shall we?

~~~~~~~(-_-)~~~~~~~pardon me

Well how was that? A little Nate Ruess there. Anyone a fan of FUN?

Dipper : I was about to disagree to sing.

Pacifica : Nice one, Flash! Wait. You've changed your name?

Mabel : At last, I guess? I mean about my relationship with Gideon.

Gideon : (5 minutes of waiting) Yeah.

Mabel : What took you so long?!

Okay bye guys!