→ the weakness of flowers ←

the weakness of flowers

“Zayn, who’s that by the gate?”

Zayn looked up from the plate of fried rice he was having, peering through the window. He began to smile when he saw it was yellow-dress girl, but instead of wearing a yellow sundress, she had changed to one that was bright blue, making her a shining beacon against the dark grey sky.

“She came around the other day; I didn’t quite catch her name.” Zayn said, shrugging.

“Is she wearing a summer dress?” Harry asked incredulously, craning his neck to get a better look at her.

“Yeah, well the last time she came it was pouring rain and she was still wearing a summer dress, except it was yellow. She looked like it was the most normal thing to be doing.”

“I think she’s waiting for you.” Harry said slowly.

Zayn frowned. “Why would you say that?”

“Because she’s staring right at me.” He replied, giving Zayn a small smile. “Someone must have a crush.”

“She does not.” Zayn grumbled, but got up anyway, heading towards the door. “And don’t touch my rice, I’m not finished.”

“No guarantees!” Zayn heard Harry call before he closed the front door behind him, shaking his head at that boy’s stomach.  He stood there on the porch, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jumper. Despite what Harry had said, yellow (well blue now) dress girl was looking intently at the lupins, like they had changed from the last time she had seen them, now a couple of days ago.

Zayn coughed loudly, and she looked up, a warm smile coming onto her pale face. “Tea-drinking-Zayn! Good morning, dear stranger.” She said, curtseying slightly.

“Morning.” Zayn replied, a small smile of his own coming onto his face.

“Isn’t it just glorious today?” She sighed, gesturing around her. “The flowers are also so nice this time of day.”