It's Valentine's Day, isn't it?

Hmmmm.... I hate Valentine's Day.
I dunno, i hate this forced lovey dovey shit.
It makes me sick.

Anyway, have phone art (this is only a sketch yet it took 3hours XD)

Didn't even bother to do the face because it already looks shitty enough without it

Ayyy, i feel depressed. The air suddenly feels so mich heavier and my chest hurts (it's like, actually hurting with every move i make tho)
You don't have to read the next part. In fact, you're most likely better off if you don't read it. I'm going to talk about what I've learned today and it's not easy to take. It's sad and depressing and... wrong. It's so wrong.

So...
My class and i were at the KZ in Dachau today. It's not like Auschwitz. In Auschwitz, everything was about killing. Dachau was where the inmates had to work under the worst conditions until they died of exhaustion or illness or injuries or coldness or because they were killed for dumb reasons.

Imma talk about all of this now. Everything i learned, I'll write down. If you can't take to read about torture in the most inhumane ways, then please do not continue. I'll tell the story exactly how i experienced it. With every detail i remember. And i remember it all. And I'll never get those words out of my head...

When we entered, the metal door said "Arbeit macht frei" which means "work brings freedom" (roughly translated). It meant to implicate that if you work hard enough, you'll eventually get your freedom back. Of course with most of the inmates at most lasting three fourths of a year, everyone knew that it wasn't possible to get your freedom back.

Then, we entered the Appellplatz (roll call area). It was freezing. And Germany is now warmer than back then. In addition, the inmates weren't wearing three jackets and gloves like we were. They only had a thin shirt accompanied by the same type of trousers and a hat along with a pair of wooden shoes. And roll calls normally lasted around an hour. One hour of not moving an inch while slowly freezing to death.

On one side, there was the kitchen along with the champers were you got your new clothes and had to change your name for a number that was tattooed on the inside of your forearm. Why the inner side? Because it hurts twice as much. Just to make the inmates suffer. Then you were shaved everywhere. And when i say everywhere, i mean it. Even if there wasn't anyhair there, you were shaved. Because you had to go into an acidic bath afterwards. And if you ever eent into salty water with freshly shaved legs or whatever, you know it hurts like a bitch. It was just another way to torture and live out their sadistic side.

In the kitchen, BdM girls cooked soup that barely held any calories. The soup then was carried upstairs by inmates. And those were buckets of soup, really heavy. However, if you spilled a little soup, you got punished. And the girls that made the soup (around 14 years old girls, mind you) knew that the unmates would get punished if they spilled some. So most girls made the pots not that full so it was easier to not spill something. But then there were girls that filled the pot to the brim, making it impossible to not spill something. I couldn't imagine a 14 year old do something that sadistic...

On the opposite side where the barracks. 20 in total if i counted correctly. Maybe more. Each barrack was devided in two parts. Each part was supposed to be able to hold 270 people, however, by the end of the war, each part hold around 2000 people.

Each inmate got one piece of soap and a towel. The soap was layed out to last 14 days. However, thr inmTes had to use it for a whole month. If your soap lasted that long or not didn't matter in the end because you'd get punished either way. If you didn't use it up, you hadn't washed yourself enough and if you had used it up, you were unable to rationalize it correctly.

Same play with the towels. You weren't allowed to hang a wet towl in your locker (each inmate got theif own locker) but if you hang up a dry towel, it'd mean you hadn't washed yourself which was against the rules. You had to was yourself everyday after all.

Another example would be, that you weren't allowed to take your shoes into the barracks, but you also weren't allowed to let them stand outside of it. Punishment either way.

The punishments often consisted of unnecessary tasks like digging a hole after measurements and then filling it back up or carrying a big rock from one place to another and back to the first place or picking up all the leaves of the trees.
Otherwise you were physically punished. Often only hits and nothing severe, but sometimes there was stuff like "Baumstämmen" ("Logging" as in from log of the tree). That's especially cruel. You had to place your handa on your back where they were tied together, then, you weren't pulled up by your hands until your feet didn't touch the ground anymore and you were tied on a log like that. You had to stay like that until the tendons on your shoulders ripped and your shoulders completely dislocated. Normal people wouldn't last over ten minutes but because these people were so underweight, they could last several hours. After that, you were disposed off because you weren't able to work anymore.

We then visited the churches and the synagogue that were built in remembrance of the 60.000 people that died in Dachau. Three churches. A catholic one, a russian orthodox one and an evangelical church.
We went into the evangelical church to warm up a little and guess what? The bastards of my class instantly pulled out their phones and even started laughing. In a church. In Dachau!

Anyway, we then went to the crematorium. There was a room called "Brausebad". Something like a bath. That this wasn't a bathwas painfully obvious to us. In fact, they gasified they people in said room. Then there were two rooms whereby the dead bodies were stored so they'd lose the water in them an were easier to burn. And then of course the ovens. Four of them. All original.

Lastly, we visited the bunker. The worst of all of this. They stored away SS members that wouldn't comply and political enemies as well. And priests.
I'll just give you a few quotes from people that actually spent time in there to end ghis chapter:

"At two am, the keys ringed and the inmate #1 was taken to the bunker court. A shot was heard, a life had been ended"

"2 months darkness custody (being held in a completely dark cell with absolutely no light whatsoever). I could only count every fourth day, because every fourth day, i got a warm meal"

"4 month darkness custody. It felt like an eternity every time until i got my food. I lost all sense of direction and time"

Bye....