Chapter 8

Tyler's POV

"Why don't you go see your girl today?" Leo said as we sat at the table drinking our coffee.

"She's not gonna want to see me." I answered looking down at my cream colored coffee.

"You know where she's staying?" He asked. I nodded and he slid keys to me. "Look nice and go see your daughter."

I grabbed the keys and got up, I headed upstairs into the spare bedroom. I set the keys on the nightstand and hopped in a shower.

Once I got out I slid boxers on and walked into the closet. I grabbed a nice pair of black jeans with a white button shirt.

I rolled up the sleeves and fixed my hair. I slipped on a pair of Vans and grabbed keys with my phone. I walked downstairs and Leo was still drinking coffee.

I walked out the door and down to the garage. I found the car which happened to be a Lamborghini. I smirked, I climbed into the driver's side and brought the car to life.

The engine roared as I pulled out of the garage and into the street. I drove until I pulled up to a shitty apartment complex.

I parked the car and sat there for a bit just staring at the building. I remember her calling me in tears telling me that her parents kicked her out. I was so scared that I ran from our child.

I shook the thoughts away and got out of the car. I walked up to her apartment door and knocked. I stood there trying to calm myself as I heard footstep grow closer and closer to the door.

Leah opened the door and quickly shut it again once she saw me. "Leah, please open the door." I stood and waited for her to open the door again.

"What." She hissed as she leaned against the open door.

"I know I ran instead of growing a pair." I said and carefully took a step closer to her. "But please let me fix that. Let me be with my baby girl."

"You ran instead of standing up for your family." She hissed. "Look at where we are. I can hardly take care of her. Of us."

"Then let me help." I said and pulled the money out of my pocket. "I want to provide for us."

Before she could say anything a little girl came running up to her. "Mommy!" She squealed and giggled as she picked her up.

"Hey Lily." I smiled and she looked up at me. "She gave me a toothy smile and Leah handed her to me.

I chuckled and tossed her up and caught her back into my arms. "Thank you for the money." Leah said as I hugged Lily close to me.

"Can I come in?" I asked and she nodded before letting me in. She shut the door behind us and I let Lily down.

Lily went running into her room before running back out with a bunny. "His name is fluffy." She handed him to me before running back into her room.

I smiled as she came running back out with another stuffed animal. "Sweetheart don't bring all of your animals out." Lily pouted to me and a piece of me wanted to tell her to bring me more of her animals.

"Mommy is right." I said as she handed me her doggy. "How about we go take fluffy and puppy back with their friends."

She grabbed the stuffed animals and ran back into her room. "I think she missed you."

"I missed both of you." I said and stood back up. "I want to fix this. I want my family back."

"You abandoned me when I had no where else to go." She said as her voice cracked. Her eyes became glassy and I pulled her into a hug.