Honeymoon Surprise: Connor McDavid

Hockeylover978304 I apologize for the long wait, but I wanted this one to be the one for Valentine's Day.  Also, if nothing makes sense, I am writing this when I can barely see the computer because of a sinus infection.  

Happy Valentines' Day.  

---------

(Connor's P.O.V.)

I look towards the doors of the small chapel in Edmonton.  My best friend and man, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, lays a gentle hand on my shoulder.  

"It'll be okay.  Paige won't have cold feet," he whispers to me.  

I look back at him and reply, "What if I hurt her?  What if she's still not feeling well?"

Ryan rolls his eyes and smiles as the doors begin to open, whispers, "She'll be here."

There I saw a streak of her brown hair floating out from underneath a thin veil.  I could barely see her chocolate brown eyes underneath it.  It felt like the world stood still, and I want this moment to last.  Her father has his hand linked to her arm, and she has a bouquet of white roses with some light orange and blue splattered on them.  

The preacher says, "Who gives this woman the grace to begin this new journey."

"I do, Paige....you've grown up so fast!" Her father releases her arm and she walks to join me as we stand in front of the preacher.  

-----------

(Paige's P.O.V.)

Holy cow....wowzers.  I mean, Connor could knock me down with a stick if he wanted to.  He looked amazing in a black tuxedo with a black bow tie and a rose with orange and light blue on it.  I was trying to fight off the butterflies not only in my stomach, but the constant nausea I was dealing with as well.  

The preacher looks at Connor and me and begins, "Marriage is a journey when two individuals choose to start to weave their lives together in hopes to find an everlasting companionship and trust with one another.  Paige and Connor have chosen to write their own vows to explain how they choose to start their new story together.  Connor, you may now say your vows."

Connor clears his throat, "Paige, when I first met you at that autograph signing two years, three months, and six days ago," that made the crowd laugh, "I didn't know what I was journeying into.  I knew from that day on I wanted to be with you the rest of my life.  And, when we ran into each other a few days later at the supermarket, I knew that you were the one for me.  I couldn't believe that I found someone who is ready to accompany me on and off the ice, and see me for myself.  Paige, I promise to be by your side no matter what challenges come our way, and to always see you as my equal.  Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world."

He ended there as he wipes a single tear from his eye and the preacher signaled for me to begin, "Connor, when I was waiting in line to meet you twenty seven months ago, I didn't know I would fall so hard for you.  I knew that I was going to be meeting my favorite player, but I didn't know I would be on Cloud 9 at the same time.  When I ran into you, I knew that you were the first person to come into my mind, and you stayed there.  Throughout the simple coffee dates we went on, to you teaching me how to ice skate, to you welcoming me into your arms, I knew you were the perfect man in my life.  Connor, I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I got your back forever and always."

I start to cry a little bit as I think about the journey we are about to begin.  The preacher asks, "May we have the rings please?"  

Instead of having a traditional ring-bearer, we had both of our older brothers give their sibling's ring to their other half.  Cameron hands me Connor's ring and whispers, "You are my favorite sibling.  Don't tell Connor that, okay?"