Of What You Left In Paragraphs

Y/N honestly didn't mean to end up like this again.

She was getting better. She was talking to Dick and they were both feeling better, but I guess old habits die hard.

So here she sat at her computer at 2:30 in the morning. She stared at her monitor for several seconds before her fingers began to move.

She logged on and opened up the chat window. The pang in her heart at seeing his icon was a lot less bitter and a lot more sweet this time around.

Maybe time does heal all wounds, but it felt like she could life another three lifetimes and her heart would still skip a beat when she saw his face.

She took a steadying breath before letting her fingers dance across the keyboard. "Jay, I still miss you, but the pain isn't as bad. I started talking to Dick again and I don't feel so alone anymore. I still think about you everyday, but it doesn't hurt to say your name out loud. I know you would be proud of me for the progress I am making, and it makes me happy, but I still wish you were here." She paused for a moment to collect herself. She was determined to get through this without tears. She had already cried enough for several lifetimes, this time was going to be different.

"This is going to be the last message I write to you and the only message I actually send. I feel like I am giving up on you in a way, but I know that I cannot continue to talk to you when you cannot even listen. I will always love you, but I need to let you go." She hit send before her fear could get the best of her.

She had a brief feeling of panic when she saw her message went through, but she pushed it down. This was for the best. This was her closure. She read her words one more time. With every word she read, she felt a little bit lighter and a little bit brighter. She looked at his face and for a moment it felt like he was smiling back at her. Like he knew what she had done and was wishing her well. With that soothing thought, she got up and went back to bed and dreamed of a boy with bright blue eyes waving goodbye.

However, had she stayed on a couple more moments, she might have noticed the seen receipt.