Let Me Think Of How To Word This

Jason felt his heart in his throat as he read the words on his screen.

How could a perfect girl like Y/N still be mourning him a year after his death?

He hadn't been much to begin with. A street kid who got lucky. He may have been smart, but everything else was Bruce and his money.

He had been stubborn and temperamental and had only succeeded in getting himself killed. Even his resurrection wasn't on his own merit, but on the whim of Ra's Al Ghul.

And yet here you were, still broken up about him a year after his death. He felt awful that you would be sad over him. He hadn't even deserved to know you, but to have you love him was more than he could have ever dreamed.

He hesitated before beginning to type. "I am proud of you, doll. I wouldn't have wanted you to be sad over me in the first place. I was a fucking mess that you somehow managed to see something in. I want you to move on. I want you to fall in love and get married and have kids and do all the things we talked about." He thought over there dreams and the plans they had made.

He hadn't even wanted the white picket fence life until he met her. The thought of a boring ass vanilla lifestyle was enough to make him sick, but he would have lived through every ring of suburban hell to make her happy. He looked back at the screen and studied his profile picture for a minute.

They were so happy back then. Carefree and young. That was before everything went wrong, before he ruined everything.

He pushed his thoughts back in favor of finishing his message. "You aren't giving up on me. You are letting me die. Which is what you should have done months ago. I'm dead and gone, doll. Let me stay that way. It is better that way."

He hit send and immediately regretted it.

What the hell was Y/N going to think about getting messages from a dead man? How the hell was she going to cope with that?

Not much he could do now though. Part of him wanted to take the time to find a way to delete the message before she could see it.

But another part of him wanted her to see it. See take it as a sign from the beyond and do what he said.

He pushed out all thoughts of her out and logged off. Regret was for people who could afford to live in the past and with a past like Jason's...

All he had was the future and even that wasn't looking too bright.

You Be The Anchor - Jason Todd x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara