This Much You Must Know

"He just sent a message to a Y/N L/N." Tim called out from his seat in front of the computer. Bruce had him monitoring all of Jason's old accounts in a desperate attempt to find him.

"What does it say?" Dick asked as he and Bruce came to stand behind him.

Tim scanned the words before speaking. "It seems pretty personal. He is telling her to move on."

The three stood in silence for several moments.

"Delete it." Bruce ordered as he walked away.

"What? You can't do that. She has a right to know that he is alive." Dick argued as he moved to follow.

"She can't know about any of this. And how do you suggest we explain that my son who died is now a crime boss? It is for the best if everyone continues to think he is dead." Bruce said firmly as he got into the batmobile and left the cave.

Dick cursed under his breath and turned back to the computer. "Have you deleted the message yet?" He cursed again when Tim nodded quietly.

Dick sighed heavily and sat down on stairs with his head in his hands.

"So who is Y/N?" Dick lifted his head to look at Tim.

"You don't know who Y/N is?" He asked quietly. It had never occurred to him that Tim hadn't met her yet. Tim shook his head and spun the chair to face Dick. "So who is she?"

"She was Jason's best friend and his only girlfriend. She is also my best friend." Dick explained quietly.

"I thought Wally was your best friend." Tim said, slightly confused.

"You can have more than one best friend, Timmy." Dick said with a small laugh. He thought back to when Jason had first brought Y/N to the manor. They had both been really young, only fourteen, and Dick could already tell they liked each other. He was so glad that his little wing had found someone who made him happy.

He had watched them grow up a bit more and realize they were in love. Those two had been so oblivious. He tried to help, but he only really succeeded in flustering both of them with his teasing.

When they finally did get together though.... It was almost unlike anything Dick had ever seen. They were meant to be, no doubt about it. Jason had found his proverbial soulmate and Dick was so proud.

Dick had been the one to go to Y/N and tell her about Jason. Bruce was going to call her, but Dick wanted to be there for her. He had held her those first couple of hours, both of them crying so hard they almost couldn't breath. He had been there for her through it all and now..... Now he couldn't even tell her about Jason.

"Dick?" Tim's voice brought Dick out of his musings. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Tim, I was just thinking." Dick said as he got up.

He didn't know how all this was going to work out, but he did know that if Y/N needed him, he would be there.