Salvation

Bosa.

The Grenada quarters.

"Is he gonna be okay?" a beautiful voice said, I know that voice, that beautiful wonderful voice, the voice that stirs good feelings within me and now a dark one joins in. why is there a dark one I wonder, how come this good feelings now stab me, what changed?

"He's gonna be fine, trust me, he's gonna be fine, he's just in shock" I heard a strange voice say and then the patter of shoes, a door hinge creak and then a click.

I heard her uneasy breaths as she walked towards me. She was humming something to herself as she came close and stopped when she was, what felt like three inches away. She sat and started a one man dialogue.

"I've never really been the type to fall in love,". She started and took a shaky breath before continuing.
"It was especially hard for me, I was always buried in my thoughts or a book, I always thought that I was gonna end up a lonely old woman who never really settled down, at least until you stepped into the picture but right now it seems that I'm gonna still end up like that. I try to understand how you've changed so much and I can't comprehend, I've never been able too. I mean we were good together, you completed me and I thought I did you. I just don't get how one day we were saying how much we loved each other then a week later you're telling me that you can't continue with our relationship, saying you were now a Christian and stating all those religious commandments and principles. It was pretty funny at first but after sometime I lost interest in the joke. Now a days though, I wonder why you are willing to lose everything for your faith in Jesus christ, that's his name right? Who am I kidding, you probably can't hear anything I'm saying," her voice finally paused for some time after which she continued   "I hope you wake up soon." and then she placed a kiss on my forehead. I heard her foot falls as she left but just immediately before she left, I finally gained control of my 'word producers'.

"You need to experience it before you can fully understand what it means to have Jesus as Lord over your life, the more you grow with him, the more you understand what it really entails to be called a joint heir with christ." I said amidst the groaning of my lungs but I didn't care because I had to say this.

"I'm not sure if I can" she said.

"Stay still" she commanded as I tried to sit up to get a better look at her as I opened my eyes but i still sat up.

'Lord strengthen me' I said under my breath.

"You're not sure of what?" I asked

"I'm not sure I can experience it" she said choking a bit on her words.

"I'm sure you can, all you have to do is ask and believe." I said reaching for her hands.

"What if he doesn't answer because all the bad things I've done, what of he hates me for hurting you?" she asked retracting her hands from my reach.

"He always answers, all you've got to do is ask and believe he will and just so you know, it's impossible for Jim to hate you, all he has is love for you, that's why he sent his son to die on the cross and pay the price for every sin you've ever committed, even the ones you don't know about." I said stretching my hand further towards her and added "pray with me".

She took my hand with one of hers while she wiped the tears that had fell on her cheeks with the other hand. "Okay" she answered as she stepped closer holding back her sobs.

"Repeat what I say"

"Okay"

"Dear Jesus" I started, and she repeated almost immediately.

"I'm a sinner who's made so many mistakes in my life, I confess to you all my sins, I open my heart to you Lord because I believe you came to earth to die for my sins, every single one of them thereby redeeming me from my certain death and giving me eternal life instead, I ask you to come into my life and fill me up with you holiness and life, I ask all these in your name -Jesus, Amen"

"Amen" she resounded and hugged me saying thank you.