Chapter 5

I woke up at exactly 4 PM, which gave me about 30 minutes of some sleep. I got out of bed stretching and making weird noises when suddenly I felt something vibrating in my pocket. Oh shoot! It was Falooda! Im gonna die, that's it. She had called about 30 times since I reached home and she was probably REALLY worried.

I quickly opened my phone and called her number with no second thought to it. 

"Hey Farrah! What's uppp girl...Haven't heard from you for a long time. Hehe..." I chuckled nervously while grasping the phone in my hands tight.

"What is up...WHAT IS UP IS ALL YOU GIVE ME AFTER SUCH A LONG TIME? WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY PHONE DAMMIT! " Farrah yelled in anger.

"I'm really sorry Falooda, I promise I'll never do it ever again." I said in a small voice. I knew that it was her weakness so I just had to use it. 

"Okay, I forgive you. Now tell me what did you need to say so badly?" Farrah said with a hint of a smile in her voice. 

I explained to her every single detail that happened to me since morning, especially of that mysterious and captivating man. His eyes seemed like they carried the world's weight on his shoulder. He looked so lost that it broke my heart, even though he was practically a jerk to me and very weird. 

"Wow. It seems like this guy is interested in you, Iram." Farrah said with amusement in her voice. She seemed to enjoy how I was worried about this man I had no clue about, not even his name.

"I suggest you try talking to him and see for yourself is you're so curious and worried." 

"Oh well, I'll see about it." I said with a glimmer of hope. I wanted to see where I could make friends with someone I can help. I want to be useful in this world. This I can see as a good way for me to complete it. 

We said our salams and ended our call after 10 minutes. I sat down on my bed, putting my knees under me and looked down to my fingers.

This world may have darkness but I want to help others with the guidance of Allah, no matter what people say or do. I might not have a proper career but I have a strong faith and that is all I need for me to survive.